Test tones

Participant count
  • Participant list

haught

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hemet
Gains, heard do it by ear I can't seem to hear when clipping is there away to visual see it on sub. With dmm I have subs disconnected, if play music or test tones with connected would I be able to see when it's clipping ? And would uf no test tones are used ?

Gains, heard do it by ear I can't seem to hear when clipping is there away to visual see it on sub. With dmm I have subs disconnected, if play music or test tones with connected would I be able to see when it's clipping ? And would uf no test tones are used ?
I do it by ear. The pitch of the test tone will get higher when the clipping kicks in. From there, dial it back 2-3db. You can probably search for some clipped test tones to get idea of what they sound like and how sensitive to clipping your ears are.

Here you go. All you need is a speaker and a tweeter capacitor.

That's an awesome vid!

Here is a relatively inexpensive tweeter/cap/oscilloscope combo should anyone want to give it a try

$31.99

Amazon product ASIN B08DG1C129
$7.00

$7.49

I have one of the cheap O scopes. You will think of things to do with it once you get one. it is a good tool for high powered car audio. Like I know for a fact that my headunit rca’s don’t clip at full volume. At any frequency.

Don't know if anybody else noticed, but like Spokey said the clipping is visual too.
Screenshot (1675).png

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...