Terrible experience with DC Creations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Audio N00B
10+ year member

...And Justice For All
MN
So I ordered a custom box from these guys back in April. All seemed to go well. Communication was great and everything. I ordered a 12" cube that I could put a SA-8 and a 10" passive radiator in. The box arrived on April 16th (I have this all tracked through email) and looked good. That is until I tried fitting the passive radiator in. The cut out was way too small. This wasn't a huge problem as I ended up just getting some sand paper and sanding it out until it would fit snug.

The next thing is the real problem. I went to place the SA-8 in the enclosure only to find out that the hole was cut too big. I can literally move it about half an inch in any direction when it's in the box. Here's a picture with the sub centered in the cutout:

http://i.imgur.com/nwB9b.jpg

You can clearly see the wood on the bottom of the box because the cutout is too large. Right now, I don't have all of the screws on the sub screwed in because the ones that aren't in literally will not fit. I think there's two screws that are probably sticking out of the wood because they had such little amount of wood to screw in to. Anyway, this is causing noticeable air leakage at mid to higher volumes and it's really only a matter of time before the sub breaks out of the small amount of wood that it's hanging on to.

That was back in April. I contacted these guys about a replacement and we've been back and fourth for the past few months and I noticed that the communication was suspiciously lacking on their end. Here is the last email we exchanged. Please note the date.

> ----- Original Message ----->

> From: DC-Creations

>

> Sent: 05/20/12 11:08 AM

>

> To: Andy -----

>

> Subject: RE: Enclosure Request

> Sorry on the prolonged delay with your new enclosure. We will get it build and shipped out this week for you.

> DC-Creations.com

> 609-BOX-4YOU

>

>

> -------- Original Message --------

> Subject: RE: Enclosure Request

> From: Andy -----

> Date: Wed, May 16, 2012 1:29 pm

> To: orders@dc-creations.com

>

> Just wondering what's going on with this. Thanks..

>

>

> Sent from my Samsung Epic™ 4G Touch
That was a month and nine days ago and not a single word has been said since. Of course now it's too late to file any sort of complaint through Paypal.

I should also note that I took that picture back in April. My GF has my car right now so I can't take any recent pictures but you get the idea.

Guess I'll check back later. I'm expecting 99% of the replies to be trolling and hopefully at least one serious reply.

you literally put the sub in the wrong hole... that is not dc's fault, its your own stupidity that did that...
While that seems to possibly be the case, if DC said they were gonna take care of him then they should honor that commitment.

As per our emails you should have received a new enclosure already. It was scheduled to be built shipped at no charge and no questions asked further then your explanations and images. I will have to check on your second enclosure to see what transpired with it, but it was shipped some time ago and was never returned to us.

I mean yeah, since I really sat there and hand sanded a cut out that was meant for an 8" to the size of a 10" cutout.

Do you jack asses realize that an 8" sub would fall right through the 10" cutout? Get real. I know how to put a speaker into an enclosure.

As per our emails, the cut outs were actually correct as you told us you remeasured to ensure we had cut them right. We offered to build you another enclosure at no charge with new cutout. This was done and shipped out. I will check your file to see if I can track down what happened to you enclosure but it was built/shipped some time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Audio N00B

10+ year member
...And Justice For All
Audio N00B
MN
Start date
Participants