Terminal Question

Participant count
  • Participant list
Got pictures man?
cut those plasic parts off?

i wish.. didn't have a camera at the time. I had nateberrier help me out with the rest of the 3 at his place then we got stuck at this point. Cutting the plastic came up but the plastic was hard to cut and again, in a difficult location to get to in the first place. Still a option though just don't know what to use... We tried bending the plastic down with a oversized washer but it kept slipping inside the plastic.. it is hard to explain without a visual :/ i'll try to find a picture

My Dakota had something similar.

On my first attempt I fabricated something that merely prevented the ring terminal from coming into contact with the alt, since the alt casing is obviously a ground...

Later I just cut the factory piece.

41Y3AJHT2CL._SS500_.jpg

There's the little s.o.b, the red piece in the second picture. The picture doesn't really do justice with the alternator being by itself but you see what im dealing with

What is the make and model of this car?
1999 Mercury Cougar

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.