Car installation headaches need help!!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Spahi77

Hello ,

First of all i have a 4 dr 2005 Chevy Silverado HD pickup....

I have a factory stock DVD entertainment system with panasonic unit.

I also have rear seat audio controls..

and i recently replaced a factory unit that died with a Pioneer AVH-P3200BT.

I fixed the parking brake wire issue and the bluetooth problem associated with that parking brake wire, however the rear seat audio, and factory DVD not working as it should...

The only adapter/harness i have is an axxess GMOS-04....

now i spoke to a PAC audio tec guy who said they make a GMOS 100 that would retain the rear dvd entertainment system...but not rear audio.

I also found a PAC SWI-X steering wheel control that i think can control the rear audio control...

any ideas if these two in combination would work?? I mean these adapters and harnesses are expensive, and i dont want to play around...any expert installers here run into GM vehicles from 2003-2006 with these issues and the class II data bus?

I mean i considered a GM / Delco Nav unit, but i dont have the y91 or y92 LUX Bose amp....though i have a bose system in my truck.

Any help or pointers on how to go about this,...as i am sure i am not the first person who has encountered this problem. I am open to any ideas that involve an INTERGRATED system....

I am open to buying a new aftermarket dvd unit and retaining rear audio, or making what i have work with adapters...even if its going to run me $200 in adapters..just need someone with the know how.

Thank you all for your help.

I have an '08 Silverado (X-cab LTZ) that had the Bose system in it and I just bypassed everything. Yes, I needed a harness for the door chimes, OnStar and steering wheel controls...went with a combination Metra Axxess for the harness and PAC-SWI for the steering wheel. Trust me when I tell you, PAC S-U-C-K-S. I spent over a year dealing with that fucking steering wheel control working intermittently...I finally replaced it a few weeks ago with a Metra Axxess and it is now working flawlessly. Stick with Metra, although with all the A/V OEM shit you got in that truck, it's gonna be a pain in the ass.

thanks spankyy....i mean i already called metra axxess, and they told me they dont make any harnesses for it....nobody does.

The thing is, i think intergrating the OEM **** is going to be a huge pain.....so i have begun looking for a OEM Yukon, Tahoe Navigation unit to pop in my truck.

The thing is i have bose system, and from my research i need Y91 or Y92 LUX Bose amp option to use nav unit from escalade or denali, and my silverado does not have it...so denali and escalade navi units are no good.

So i will either rip out the OEM DVD system in the rear and replace...but any people have any ideas what i could put in lieu of the rear seat audio controls if i remove them....i would not want them sitting there with no power...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.