tens in the same chamber

blitz25
10+ year member

preacher man
i have 4 ten inch compvrs and to save space i want to put two of them in the same chamber and the other two the same so the both share 1.25cu each pair how can i do this and make it work without damaging my subs. and what is a transmission line box varient? any help would be great.

what about air space for the subs can i have them sharing the 1.25 cu per 2 subs or will i need to allow proper airspace for each sub min .80cu would i run the subs parrellel or series.

Originally posted by nswartley but if you ever blow one of the 4, make sure you STOP playing your subs, as you will damage the others if you continue to play it
Why is this true? Wouldn't the blown sub then become a passive? I have a passive with my 3 12's...all sharing the same chamber. The passive was is a blown sub that I yanked the VC out of.

no, that would not happen because in is not a solid and unmovable surface just like the box is, because the cone would move and that is not what you would want...its not good trust me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Originally posted by nswartley no, that would not happen because in is not a solid and unmovable surface just like the box is, because the cone would move and that is not what you would want...its not good trust me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
But a passive is not a solid unmovable surface. Why are they ok?

(Not trying to argue, just trying to clarify.)

Originally posted by Trixter But a passive is not a solid unmovable surface. Why are they ok?

(Not trying to argue, just trying to clarify.)
heh its ok, i understand....

well im pretty sure that its not good to do it, and i dont know the real real specifics. i am pretty sure it can damage your subs. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

But the question does arise....

how often do we blow subs?

I've never blown a single one since '95... and I've always used two subs, and in a common chamber... of course, back then, 150watts RMS was like "get outta here, you're a thundertunes" sorta thing...

Originally posted by paikiah But the question does arise....

how often do we blow subs?

I've never blown a single one since '95... and I've always used two subs, and in a common chamber... of course, back then, 150watts RMS was like "get outta here, you're a thundertunes" sorta thing...
heh, neither have i in a year or so...but if you ever compete.... :p //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.