tell me what you think of my design

but the mdf will not be exposed to the elements. it will be coated with a wood sealer. then it will be painted with an enamel epoxy paint. there is no way water is getting near the wood.

i dunno, i think it might look kind of cool. maybe i will do a small scale model to see what it will actually look like, then decide if i want to do it.

the whole goal here is that i want to minimize the space that i will be losing from the bed, while also minimizing the space lost inside too.

but the mdf will not be exposed to the elements. it will be coated with a wood sealer. then it will be painted with an enamel epoxy paint. there is no way water is getting near the wood.

not gonna be enough... its gotta be fiberglassed/resined at least

i dunno, i think it might look kind of cool. maybe i will do a small scale model to see what it will actually look like, then decide if i want to do it.
the whole goal here is that i want to minimize the space that i will be losing from the bed, while also minimizing the space lost inside too.
It's gonna look kinda like this, and that ain't good:

2005_chevy_avalanche.jpg

Sooner or later water's gonna find it's way in. It has nothing better to do than seap.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.