Tell Me About The New Type-X (please)

Every 12" Type X from the initial batch were sent with shorted voice coils //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Shitty thing is, Alpine was basically no help to the dealers that got the ones with shorted voice coils. Alpine was making the dealers pay for the freight costs to ship them back (not cheap) ..............
So I wouldn't buy any 12" Type X's off of ebay, cause you know the likelyhood that they are the damaged version...........
what is your source for that?

just out of curiousity...

ahh, an ALPINE MRD-M1001 (1000rms at 2 ohm) amp is what im looking at buying
and should i port a type-X ? or seal? and what do i tune it to??? 80hz?

if the type-X sub is anywhere near as good as the Type-X components are then im buying it tomorow
Either run it sealed, or port tuned to 25-30 Hz. 80Hz is rediculously high.

kinda funny i didnt see any X subs on ebay till after there release date but i could be goin blind i dunno..but ide probily go sealed myself..i was talkin with an installer friend of mine last week at his shop and he told me someone bought an x 12 and wanted it ported now sure what it was tuned to but he said it sounded sloppy and i kinda trust the man been doin it for alil over 8 years now

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.