team nutz - pittsburgh

"why are you buying a almost 2000$ sub and cant build a box for it? ive met the nutz guys and shows and having nothing but respect for them

so let me get this right he admitted to you that he was wrong and you were bad mouthing him over the internet and you want him to say he was wrong there, he told you he was wrong let it be, and usually when a sub starts going in my cases the impedences goes down till the coil blows and then its a dead short, and if your smelling the sub good chance your clipping cause you dont have enough power on the sub so your over compansating with going up a little more, and if thats not it maybe you just have a sub that smells, my l7's i had before always smelled a little bit and so did my friends"

first, i don't have time to build a box which is why i had a shop do it.

thats the problem. they wired the sub wrong and WOULDNT admit it. he still wont. bad mouthing? so... let me get this straight.. they **** up my install.. i get pissed... and its turned around as me "bad mouthing" them on the internet.. PLEASE.. this is a review forum, learn to read.

if the sub is going, its nothing but team nutz's fault. simple as that. just because you like team nutz or ed doesn't change the fact that they ****ed up and wont admit it.

What I mean is as an unsatisfied, paying customer, you shouldn't do anything to remedy the situation but ask questions. You took diagnosing in to your own hands and from the sounds of it, argued with the installer who was helping you.
i tried that.

i had no choice but to take diagnosing into my own hands. i cant trust someone after they **** something up and tell me they didn't 10 minutes later. dude i literally had NO BASS, they re-wire it in front of me and ohh magic i had bass. then he sits there and tells me "i couldnt tell a difference".. i went from no bass to shaking their shop in a day and he tells me he couldnt tell a difference. LMFAO what a tool.

"why are you buying a almost 2000$ sub and cant build a box for it? ive met the nutz guys and shows and having nothing but respect for them
so let me get this right he admitted to you that he was wrong and you were bad mouthing him over the internet and you want him to say he was wrong there, he told you he was wrong let it be, and usually when a sub starts going in my cases the impedences goes down till the coil blows and then its a dead short, and if your smelling the sub good chance your clipping cause you dont have enough power on the sub so your over compansating with going up a little more, and if thats not it maybe you just have a sub that smells, my l7's i had before always smelled a little bit and so did my friends"

first, i don't have time to build a box which is why i had a shop do it.

thats the problem. they wired the sub wrong and WOULDNT admit it. he still wont. bad mouthing? so... let me get this straight.. they **** up my install.. i get pissed... and its turned around as me "bad mouthing" them on the internet.. PLEASE.. this is a review forum, learn to read.

if the sub is going, its nothing but team nutz's fault. simple as that. just because you like team nutz or ed doesn't change the fact that they ****ed up and wont admit it.
quoted from your first post

"magically, after them re-doing the wiring in front of me, the bass output increased 10 fold and i had bass. the owner admitted to me it was probably wired backwards or wrong."

so i need to learn how to read?

quoted from your first post
"magically, after them re-doing the wiring in front of me, the bass output increased 10 fold and i had bass. the owner admitted to me it was probably wired backwards or wrong."

so i need to learn how to read?
thats the thing, when i was standing there he said and i quote

"yeah uh.. i could have wired it backwards or something or the labels were wrong on the sub"

later on down the line (which is what really got me mad is)

he denies he ever said that, denied admitting he wired it wrong and denied there was any difference in output.

sorry, i was referring to him denying the miswire.

and when i told you to "learn to read" i was referring to the forum as you said i am "bad mouthing" him on "the internet". what forum is this again? the CAR AUDIO INSTALL SHOP REVIEW FORUM? oh, sorry.

You know what honestly....................you need to get a life. All this time you spend on the internet but you dont got time to build your own box. Funny.

Here is what I pmed you below and you said to drop it...........so why dont you drop it. You said your review. You were not happy. We all get that now quit whining about the same **** thing. You ran up 30 pages on ROE whining and complaining. Now I am starting to feel bad more for Ed.

PMed message on ROE:

Come to NY and I could help ya out.

You have to remember several things though.....listening to alot of these guys will screw you over. Alot of people dont know **** about actually installing. They are the backyard rig em up guys. You will find a few that do know what they are doing. So be careful.

Next, there is no proof that your sub is actully damaged. Is there still any noise? Reading coils can vary due to temp, where the coil is sitting, if the sub is in a box, reading it off of the sub or at ends of speaker wires, plus not to mention the difference a meter itself will add.

You got alot of differences that add to the numbers. If it is a dual 2 ohm and it reads .4 or 4.2 then yeah you got problems. 2.1 to end up 2.6 I wouldnt get all huffy puffy over. especially if no noise.

As for your smel, you will get that with ANY subs. I did with my Atomic APXs and my new DD 9515s. Normal. After a week you shouldnt unless your feeding distortion then you will smell coils.

Also just by chance did you check the sub when you first got it to make sure nothing happened during shipping or anything else.

Honestly, I have known ED for years as he was always a DB Drag competitor. You have to understand a business aspect. If he was to admit on an open forum that one of his guys screwed up and accidently wired it wrong or it didnt have a good connection.......that is just as bad for business.

It could of been wired wrong or it could of only had one coil actually connected.

Too many things it could be or been..........just chock it up as a learning experience and learn from it. He knows what he is doing......but his guys might not. Nobody knows who wired the sub up.

Just some ideas for you to think about. All I seen is you asking a question and then some good things to check. Then everyone bashing.

I will be more then happy to help you in the future.

Just remember subs get damaged all the time from shipping to alignment problems to install (gain settings, bass boost, dropping amps too low, etc) ;

Funny how you claim to of fixed the ground to a shock tower bolt which isnt much better and the scratching noise went away. SO why are you *****ing now? No noise? So just drop it already.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif

thats the thing, when i was standing there he said and i quote
"yeah uh.. i could have wired it backwards or something or the labels were wrong on the sub"
He said that to you in person...............FINE GREAT HE ADMITTED IT PERSONALLY!

Now you want him to broadcast it world wide that one of his guys or he may of accidently screwed up and fixed it the next day.......................not a month, not a week the next DAY.

You know shops around here you would have to get blown off a week before they would look at it again. They screw up stuff cause they work too fast and the shops around here hire 17 year olds to do it. I see stuff blowing up that shouldnt be.

Ed brought it back in after your complaint and checked it out right away.........that should show something for the guy. Like I said before there is sooooooooo many reasons how something could get messed up and not be on purpose like your trying to make it sound.

You know what honestly....................you need to get a life. All this time you spend on the internet but you dont got time to build your own box. Funny.
Here is what I pmed you below and you said to drop it...........so why dont you drop it. You said your review. You were not happy. We all get that now quit whining about the same **** thing. You ran up 30 pages on ROE whining and complaining. Now I am starting to feel bad more for Ed.

PMed message on ROE:

Come to NY and I could help ya out.

You have to remember several things though.....listening to alot of these guys will screw you over. Alot of people dont know **** about actually installing. They are the backyard rig em up guys. You will find a few that do know what they are doing. So be careful.

Next, there is no proof that your sub is actully damaged. Is there still any noise? Reading coils can vary due to temp, where the coil is sitting, if the sub is in a box, reading it off of the sub or at ends of speaker wires, plus not to mention the difference a meter itself will add.

You got alot of differences that add to the numbers. If it is a dual 2 ohm and it reads .4 or 4.2 then yeah you got problems. 2.1 to end up 2.6 I wouldnt get all huffy puffy over. especially if no noise.

As for your smel, you will get that with ANY subs. I did with my Atomic APXs and my new DD 9515s. Normal. After a week you shouldnt unless your feeding distortion then you will smell coils.

Also just by chance did you check the sub when you first got it to make sure nothing happened during shipping or anything else.

Honestly, I have known ED for years as he was always a DB Drag competitor. You have to understand a business aspect. If he was to admit on an open forum that one of his guys screwed up and accidently wired it wrong or it didnt have a good connection.......that is just as bad for business.

It could of been wired wrong or it could of only had one coil actually connected.

Too many things it could be or been..........just chock it up as a learning experience and learn from it. He knows what he is doing......but his guys might not. Nobody knows who wired the sub up.

Just some ideas for you to think about. All I seen is you asking a question and then some good things to check. Then everyone bashing.

I will be more then happy to help you in the future.

Just remember subs get damaged all the time from shipping to alignment problems to install (gain settings, bass boost, dropping amps too low, etc) ;

Funny how you claim to of fixed the ground to a shock tower bolt which isnt much better and the scratching noise went away. SO why are you *****ing now? No noise? So just drop it already.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif

you're one of ed's cronies he had hurry their ass on the internet to defend a very simple but blatent mistake.

i need to get a life? buddy i work monday - friday 8 or 9-6 every day, on weekends i help clear the land where we will be building a new house and that's not going to include other things like work i do for the company i work for online on the weekends, my relationship or anything of the sort. when i'm online i'm on forums, listening to and downloading music and doing work on ebay.

YOU need to get a life because if YOU can't see where the issue in all this lies, you're ****ing retarded.

i was recommended to come here and post a review from people at ROE, i didnt come here to "whine" like you seem to think i'm doing.

you're another little shithead who runs his mouth on the internet about **** he has no clue about. it was obvious from the start you were caressing ed's balls so why don't you quit kissin them and think toyourself "holy ****, maybe what ed did WAS ****ed up"

and this "whining" as you refer to... i asked questions about problems that were encountered AFTER a BAD INSTALL from ED and his company. not my fault, nor my problem but he's too much of a girl to man up and see how he could resolve the problem HE created.

He said that to you in person...............FINE GREAT HE ADMITTED IT PERSONALLY!
Now you want him to broadcast it world wide that one of his guys or he may of accidently screwed up and fixed it the next day.......................not a month, not a week the next DAY.

You know shops around here you would have to get blown off a week before they would look at it again. They screw up stuff cause they work too fast and the shops around here hire 17 year olds to do it. I see stuff blowing up that shouldnt be.

Ed brought it back in after your complaint and checked it out right away.........that should show something for the guy. Like I said before there is sooooooooo many reasons how something could get messed up and not be on purpose like your trying to make it sound.
dude. what aren't you getting through your thick skull.. he called me and told me i needed 3,000 watts to push the sub to have ANY bass what so ever, he also said he smelled the **** BURNING, i come down the next day COMPLAINING which is why he looked at it, he then realized "oh ****, we wired it wrong".. he admitted they PROBABLY wired it wrong but now he won't take responsibility for a damaged sub. this **** was tested before it left the factory and the distributer so the chances of a voice coil being ****ed that much leaving the factory.....eh SLIM TO NONE.

i had respect for the dude until he called me a liar to my face to get out of taking responsibility for a problem he created.

you still have yet to prove THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE SUB. You keep complaining but yet you dont know.

I read all 30 pages. Yeah I felt bad at first for you. When you put in that kind of money into a system and it aint right yeah I feel alittle bad for you. But you asked people what could be wrong they told you to check certain things. You kept complaining instead of checking it.

He said to you in person it might of been a problem. You oviously dont know **** about car audio. I have had wires inside insulation break where you do not see it. He did the work there was an issue. He fixed it. You complained later of a scratching noise. But you also said you fixed that when you changed the ground.

SO how the **** is the sub ****ed now?????????????????????????????

Your starting to seem like one of those customers that when one thing accidently happens and it gets corrected then you find the littlest thing and ***** somemore. What your car overheats cause your water pump takes a crap and its his fault again? Grow up and consider it a learning lession. Dont go back there.

End of story, you are taking something minor and making a huge thing of it. If there is no damage to the sub then why dont you drop it. If you still wonder take it to another shop and stand there while they take the sub out and check it.

Remember accidents do happen to everyone...........he atleast corrected the issue ASAP.

Oh and the only one on his nuts is you.

you still have yet to prove THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE SUB. You keep complaining but yet you dont know.
I read all 30 pages. Yeah I felt bad at first for you. When you put in that kind of money into a system and it aint right yeah I feel alittle bad for you. But you asked people what could be wrong they told you to check certain things. You kept complaining instead of checking it.

He said to you in person it might of been a problem. You oviously dont know **** about car audio. I have had wires inside insulation break where you do not see it. He did the work there was an issue. He fixed it. You complained later of a scratching noise. But you also said you fixed that when you changed the ground.

SO how the **** is the sub ****ed now?????????????????????????????

Your starting to seem like one of those customers that when one thing accidently happens and it gets corrected then you find the littlest thing and ***** somemore. What your car overheats cause your water pump takes a crap and its his fault again? Grow up and consider it a learning lession. Dont go back there.

End of story, you are taking something minor and making a huge thing of it. If there is no damage to the sub then why dont you drop it. If you still wonder take it to another shop and stand there while they take the sub out and check it.

Remember accidents do happen to everyone...........he atleast corrected the issue ASAP.

Oh and the only one on his nuts is you.
wow. you seem to be the kind of person who needs told something 15 times to get the message.

subs dont make "scratching noises" like that for no reason. i have another thread open on ROE with a VIDEO of the noise incase anyone didnt believe me.

second, i said there were 2 main issues with noise.. the scratching and the whine/staticy sound. the whine and staticy sound stopped when i switched the ground. i THOUGHT the scratching did too until i heard it again after switching the ground.

i admitted from the start i'm no expert in car audio, but i'm allowed to ask questions about my vehicle, car audio and other **** and yes i'm allowed to make assumptions based on what i've been told - thats how the world turns.

grow up? are you kidding me? the only one who needs to grow up is ed. REGARDLESS if the sub is damaged or not, which it 99.9% is since the vc's are reading 2.6 @ last check and im getting performance thats not up to par along with scratching noises, but REGARDLESS ed should have taken me aside, explained what he did and asked me how he could help. instead i was handed my keys and was never to been seen of or heard of again until I, yes I CAME BACK DOWN to have them fix the ****ed up job they did in the first place.

and i'm on their nuts? from the sounds of it you would take a bullet in your balls for ed, stop trying to defend someone who is clearly wrong.

END OF STORY.

Thank you everyone for the supports and concerns.

To answer several simple questions and then I do have work to do.

US Amps recommended to purchase there AX3200D for this subwoofer, so you there would be enough power to use this subwoofer to the max. They never said put 3000 watts into a 2000 watt RMS woofer. What they said is the AX1500DE does not seem to be enough to move the sub to its potention and customers wants. Instead of turning up all the gains and turning up the bass gains on the radio and sending in distortion that does damage a sub. A 500 watt amplifier can damage a 2000 Watt subwoofer if it is not tuned correctly.

As soon as I seen trouble with the amp and sub combination I called Matthew and told him of my concerns. I told him what US Amps said and asked him what to do. I did tell him not to play the woofer until the problem was fixed. Once he left my show he obviously played the woofer, he actually video taped it as proof to not listening to my recommendations. I did everything I could to protect that woofer and the customers investment. Even though he did not buy it from me, I still did not want to see him spend that kind of money to damage it and waste the money.

When Matthew asked me to come back to the shop, I brought him in immediately around all scheduled appointments. We went over the sub again to the point of removing it from the box. The voice coil was moving freely, it read a 2.6 ohm reading on both coils which is fine. It may be .6 off because of angle the sub sits on the ground or weather I don't know. The voice coil can be seen on this sub, It was not physically separated or scratched when we looked over it together.

I wired the sub in front of Matthew, showed him that it moved in phase with a battery, by moving each coil individually and together. Put the sub back in the car, turned the volume up and showed him what we had.

If there were any mistakes that happened on the way, I don't know, but I do know that we addressed all our concerns to the customer, We recommend him keep his aftermarket higher amperage alternator, in, which he insisted on removing. The ground wire to the rear battery was in the car since August with no problem so we did not look at it or change it (If it isn't broke, don't Fix it)

Bottom line we went over and beyond for this customer and it upsets me to see the reactions I have received on ROE and here from him and his friends that sole goal in life to get people upset online, because they no they are safe behind a computer.

Obviously he is only here to bash us, as this forum is designed to do. He can call me all the names he wants, on here because he feels protected and secure here.

Again thank you everyone for the support, hopefully this will not ruin our companies reputation as we do strive for the best customer service in the Pittsburgh areas, my resume and my shops resume speaks for itself. The long time relationship with other shops across the country and in the DB Drag Racing area. You can call countless references such as manufactures and other shop owners around the areas, I have never bad mouthed any other shop owner and anyone that knows me has never said anything bad back to me, to my face or behind my back. Thank you everyone, and hopefully we can look past this person who's sole goal in life right not is to make us look bad and call us names.

Thank you everyone for the supports and concerns.
To answer several simple questions and then I do have work to do.

US Amps recommended to purchase there AX3200D for this subwoofer, so you there would be enough power to use this subwoofer to the max. They never said put 3000 watts into a 2000 watt RMS woofer. What they said is the AX1500DE does not seem to be enough to move the sub to its potention and customers wants. Instead of turning up all the gains and turning up the bass gains on the radio and sending in distortion that does damage a sub. A 500 watt amplifier can damage a 2000 Watt subwoofer if it is not tuned correctly.

As soon as I seen trouble with the amp and sub combination I called Matthew and told him of my concerns. I told him what US Amps said and asked him what to do. I did tell him not to play the woofer until the problem was fixed. Once he left my show he obviously played the woofer, he actually video taped it as proof to not listening to my recommendations. I did everything I could to protect that woofer and the customers investment. Even though he did not buy it from me, I still did not want to see him spend that kind of money to damage it and waste the money.

When Matthew asked me to come back to the shop, I brought him in immediately around all scheduled appointments. We went over the sub again to the point of removing it from the box. The voice coil was moving freely, it read a 2.6 ohm reading on both coils which is fine. It may be .6 off because of angle the sub sits on the ground or weather I don't know. The voice coil can be seen on this sub, It was not physically separated or scratched when we looked over it together.

I wired the sub in front of Matthew, showed him that it moved in phase with a battery, by moving each coil individually and together. Put the sub back in the car, turned the volume up and showed him what we had.

If there were any mistakes that happened on the way, I don't know, but I do know that we addressed all our concerns to the customer, We recommend him keep his aftermarket higher amperage alternator, in, which he insisted on removing. The ground wire to the rear battery was in the car since August with no problem so we did not look at it or change it (If it isn't broke, don't Fix it)

Bottom line we went over and beyond for this customer and it upsets me to see the reactions I have received on ROE and here from him and his friends that sole goal in life to get people upset online, because they no they are safe behind a computer.

Obviously he is only here to bash us, as this forum is designed to do. He can call me all the names he wants, on here because he feels protected and secure here.

Again thank you everyone for the support, hopefully this will not ruin our companies reputation as we do strive for the best customer service in the Pittsburgh areas, my resume and my shops resume speaks for itself. The long time relationship with other shops across the country and in the DB Drag Racing area. You can call countless references such as manufactures and other shop owners around the areas, I have never bad mouthed any other shop owner and anyone that knows me has never said anything bad back to me, to my face or behind my back. Thank you everyone, and hopefully we can look past this person who's sole goal in life right not is to make us look bad and call us names.
Since you took time to explain "your side" let me explain it from my side, the customer who is actually DEALING with the problem. First let me explain to those of you who read this, I am a very laid back guy, easy to get along with and i can compromise very easily. I walked out of team nutz with my sx's back in september 06' with no complaints, thanked them for the job and that was that. I came back because of the GOOD experience i had with them.. If it wasnt a good experience i had in the first place - why would i come back?

Anyway i asked them what the price is on the sub. They quoted me a lot higher than what i could have gotten one for with a warranty, so i went with someone else instead of team nutz. This obviously upset them as they complained and tried to scare me into buying it from them.

Second. Regardless of what you or any other shop owners think, I will NOT listen to Greg at US Amps, as that is who you have spoken with and he is the ONLY one there who believes it is safe to put the AX3000 series on the XXX. RE (specifically Ryan and Dave, Dave being the head tech at RE) said do NOT listen to Greg and do NOT put that amp on that sub as it will NOT last long and you are only asking for problems. The AX2000 is PLENTY of power for the XXX and is 5-800 dollars cheaper. Again, another instance of team nutz trying to sell me something i did not need.

What REALLY happened - i dropped my car off for the install, i receive a call back 2 days later stating that, and i quote, "you have no bass. this thing isnt even moving. you need a million watts to move this thing and for that reason i will probably never push an XXX ever again". after hearing that i went onto ROE and DOZENS of people told me that was straight ******** and even 600-1000W can push the XXX sufficiently. Anyway, they played the sub and i was told SPECIFICALLY "Uh.. we played it... and we smelled something burning.. and we turned it off.." RIGHT there is what initially set me off and pissed me off, because it was becoming obvious they wired it wrong. When i went to pick my car up when it was initially wired wrong i was handed my keys and that was that. Ed was unavailable. I recorded a video of the sub (WITH THE HEAD UNIT OFF, i dont understand why Ed thinks i went about playing the **** thing..) and even with the HU off a scratching noise was emitting from the sub. If you dont believe me, look at the video on ROE i have posted under username "KMK".

They DID remove it after i came back complaining, re-wired it and by some UNFORSEEN force, i had about FIVE TIMES the amount of bass as i did before. It was VERY clear at that point that they wired it wrong. Ed skirted the issue by saying "Uh we may of had it wired backwards or the labeling on the sub was wrong.." Beating around the bush. I posted my situation on ROE and everyone agreed that it was wired wrong which probably screwed the VC's which is why it's .5-.7 off on each voice coil and i'm hearing a scratching sound.

I'm not here to bash you or your company. I posted a legitimate review and unfortunately for you it was not a positive one for your company so you are *****ing, whining and lying about what REALLY happened so you can scrape what you can from the people who still think you are a reputable company.

This would have all been solved and I would of walked away a happy customer if:

1.) I was refunded the labor for the install, since it was wired incorrectly which in turn damaged my sub. Again this is what I believe to be the truth as the sub was tested before it was shipped to me.

2.) I was asked what could be done to assist in my issues, rather than told "You dont have enough power. Get a bigger amp."

Anyone who knows anything about RE knows that 1,000W on their XXX series DESTROYS. 1,500W even better. 2,000 = PRIME. Just because i didnt have 2,000W put into the sub Ed used that as his reasoning behind why it wasn't working properly when in reality it was WIRED WRONG.

Nobody cares about your awards ed, the upmost professional shops make mistakes but what defines a shops integrity is how they handle those mistakes. You lost my respect and my business when you denied that there was any difference in output and when you denied refunding me anything for the incorrect install.

To those of you who are still debating who's right, all i say is read my thread on ROE and you will see the truth, and you will also see VERY educated contributers analyzing my setup and seeing that it was wired incorrectly. The ground issue was another thing, regardless if it worked. That was a shortcut that i missed the first time but not this time. I expect 'shortcuts' to be done on your own vehicle, not a paying customer.

Like i said, you could have avoided all the bad publicity if you would have just handled the issue like an upstanding businessman would. Due to your error i have to send my sub back for warrantly repair/replacement and i'm out close to another $50-100 because you guys just didnt install it properly the first time.

And to top that off, you got so mad that you threatened to sue me for slander. You obviously don't know anything about law or libel/slander, because when i post a REVIEW or i SPEAK MY MIND, that's not against the law. I did not lie about anything, I have witnesses and video to back up my statements. What kind of TRUE PROFESSIONAL businessman gets pissed off over an unhappy customer and threatens to sue them? Come on..

Drop it Ed, you screwed up and you are still attempting to salvage what you can out of this situation. Let it be and move on.

oh and also - before i forget -

the whole thing with this guy saying i need "more power" and a "bigger amp"..

i currently have 1,500W on a 2,000W sub (xxx)

he said thats not enough power and that i need a 3,000W amp.

but, 8 months ago it was perfectly fine to put 1,500W on two 1,000W subs. either way, i'm still underpowering by 500 watts. i asked what amp i would need for 2 RE SX's... he told me the AX1500.. not the 2000... not the 3000.. the 1500DE.. yet.. for some reason that same amp isn't good on a 2,000W sub. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

BreakingBad

Banned
BreakingBad
pittsburgh
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views