tc9 12 inch sub amp recomendations

Participant count
  • Participant list

mrboombasstic
10+ year member

ORlando
BXi2006D is what i was thinking. I live in orlando and you always have the idiots that are like i have two rockford 12s and it is so loud blah blah blah. I am trying to make this tc9 rock like 3 12s. what amp should i use?.. like i said i was thinking the hifonics but what do you recommend

You got a dual 2 ohm VC config on that? If so, your looking in the right direction, b/c that Hifonics is 1ohm stable. I can not say I've had experience with them, however. That Hifonics wont put out 2k, maybe 1500 or so, and not that thats bad because with proper gains your all set, but there are some better choices I think for a bit less money depending on where you shop online.

I run my TC-9 on about 900 watts and run a kicker 750.1. It slams, and is very SQ orientated, but I'm not experienced enough to know if I'm pushing my woofer too hard under loud music with the wattage I'm giving. (no clue what voice coil smells like), so I turn mine down one I smell something (could be the new sub smell being pushed around by all the air its moving, who knows?)

But first things first. Tell us your Voice Coil config then we can recommend something. Your looking at a true 900-1200 watts for daily music though, thats what I've heard around reading up on info on the TC-9 motor and the subs it is used as a platform for.

What is your max budget, and what would you like to spend?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.