tc3k101 work van log

Participant count
  • Participant list

tc3k101
5,000+ posts

Ω
Socal
ok well this is in my work van, the thing is ugly but does its job. and im pretty space confined so yeah here we go

system consist of

pioneer 6800 deck

4awg wiring

pg rsd comp set

4channel directed amp bridged sendin roughly 90rms to each side

precision power 1250

4 8inch ehqs

box roughly 3.3@32hz

pics

the deck

MySubs011-2.jpg

001-3.jpg

005-2.jpg

008-3.jpg

as of now im running with 1 8inch

009-3.jpg

sub is a lil dirty.

everything else will be done tomorow

put my comps in (seeing i 4got to buy speaker wire)

big 3

new baffle on box.

and also will most likely deaden the doors. depends on my time.

got my wiring done today and it took 4 ever as i couldnt find a good spot to run the power wires. i almost quit doing it and was about to by a boom box //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Diggin that hu //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
like it better than my sony i got in the burban :Dbut it is a tad complicated

sh1tty pic of sony

MySubs013-1.jpg

keep it coming, I would like to see 2 18" in that van

ish i would but busy as heck right now, no way i can.

well got everything done besides deaden my doors and make mounting rings for the rsd's. have my polks in there right now.

everything was working good but 1 speaker. needless to say my lazyness caused me to get alt whine, so ima take everything apart this week and

make an amp rack,

mount my box,

deaden doors

carpet my box,

ground rcas,

and re run my wires and hide everything.

seems like alot but i only have 3 cars tomorow and the whole week off.

will post pics at the end of the week.

those lil 8s surprised me for being underpowered as of now. they get pretty low and decently loud. not bumping them hard cause they are still new but as the break in i will change my gains up.

most likely gonna buy an amp friday or whenever i get paid.

Nice project you got going on. Work Van Builds FTW.
hahaha x2 i wish i had more room like you but i have to carry windshields around in my van and tools. so vary space confined

also i fixed my alt whine thanks to chaunb3400 for walking me through.

hahaha x2 i wish i had more room like you but i have to carry windshields around in my van and tools. so vary space confined
also i fixed my alt whine thanks to chaunb3400 for walking me through.
Those pioneer decks are notorious for alt white. I had to ground the RCA to make it stopped

Those pioneer decks are notorious for alt white. I had to ground the RCA to make it stopped
well mine didnt have it, till my loose speaker wire grounded itself, then i had to ground my rcas and solder all my speakers.

btw those polks sound pretty good. get decently loud but gonna swap them out sometime this week with my rsd comps and also gonna take out the directed and use the crunch with my rsd's.

took a pic of my box right now, gonna carpet it this week. just enjoying my 1st day off so i dont feel like doing anything right now.

004-4.jpg

all i know is wiring those subs up took 4ever, i am seeing a final 4ohm load on my amp //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

003-4.jpg

good voltage at my deck //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

car has really good voltage at amps also, this was at idle

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.