Another box for the Maxima (1 15" Type R, 4cu. ft. 33hz)

Participant count
  • Participant list
As for the 1/2" mdf, you just made a few wrong cuts

As far as the port piece goes, just use a straight edge to mark on the top and bottom of the box where the center line of the port piece is, then drill your holes.

but the port is so long that it wabbles, even when the front part is screwed down...

what im trying to say is you have to screw the port piece down on the bottom piece, AND the side piece... I screw the side piece on, THEN that is where I get lost

What you need to do is, attach the port to the baffle first, flip the box over and draw in the port in pencil on the underside, drill and screw in the middle of your drawing, and you'll be good to go. A few degrees off won't hurt anything, so don't worry about that at first. It all comes in time.

well I got the box installed and running today... Surprisingly it got ALMOST as loud as the 2 15's...but I could tell it didn't want any more power... SOOOO that being said, after experimenting around, I am going to sell one of the 2, and hang onto the other one for possibly future use.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.