TC Sounds Underhung NeoRadial 18

ciaonzo
5,000+ posts

TheContinental
WI
Item(s) for Sale:

18" TC Sounds beehive neo underhung D2

Item(s) Description/Condition:

This is for the complete 18" driver in beautiful physical and mechanical condition, no scratches or dents. Loud as ballz and more than I need. Specs below. If interested, I have coils and parts to build this motor up into other awesome drivers. We can work out the cost of those parts through PM.

Qts .33

Qes .35

Qms 6.9

Fs 27.9

Re 3.01

Vas 233L

mms 279G

cms 116 um/N

BL 20.7

Sens 93.5 1w/1m

1k RMS / 4k dynamic

Price:

$750 shipped.

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

UPS Ground, CONUS only.

Item Pictures:

Last edited by a moderator:
Phenomenal solution for a single sub setup that can sound amazing and get loud. Does not need all that much power to do it, but it will gladly take lots of clean power for better dynamics.

Phenomenal solution for a single sub setup that can sound amazing and get loud. Does not need all that much power to do it, but it will gladly take lots of clean power for better dynamics.
my next woofer will be similar to this.

i think its going to be slightly better than the driver i have.

not trying to spam your thread but id like to express why i think this is one of the best drivers made.

low mass per displacement!

excellent thermal abilities with the larger diameter coil!

Vs the longer smaller coil the coil(80mm 3" four layer for example) can handle the same power but ultimately provides lower mass from the ability to use a MUCH shorted former lowing mass to get the same thermal dissipation. its a win win. That being said beside the long coil driver being slightly less efficient you can still get seriously good thermal dissipation with forced induction cooling system designed to cool both the former and huge surface area of the coil.

this woofer is a STEAL at 750$

In case there's any doubt about the accordian surrounds, this is my 5200 with the same surround. They still stroke.

cant believe this is still up... i would've gotten this beauty if i had the cash, worst part is its not even that expensive for what it is! this is one of a kind!

p.s. is this magnet made for these? was it a prototype prior the 5100's?

cant believe this is still up... i would've gotten this beauty if i had the cash, worst part is its not even that expensive for what it is! this is one of a kind!
p.s. is this magnet made for these? was it a prototype prior the 5100's?
Thanks. I believe the beehive motors were from the BASSMAXX days, also the TC Sounds PA-5000. There were different varieties but they were very common in extremely potent horns for concert venues.
pa5000-4.jpg

pa5000-3.jpg

pa5000-5.jpg

Bassmaxx_ZR18.jpg

dynImage

dynImage

BASSMAXXstack.jpg

2c576a2c_vbattach80715.jpeg

DSCN0253.JPG

very cool man, good luck on the sale!

actually got 2 5100's not long ago, free-aired them and they are pretty impressive, sounds pretty **** clean and i was surprised of its frequency range! its pretty **** huge for a sub, very extended and doesnt break out! Not your typical sub, cant wait to put them in a proper house.

I have a feelin the midbass punch on these would be killer!

its a real shame TC went out of business //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.