TC Sounds LMS Ultra 18" vs. RE Audio XXX 18"

txdog27
10+ year member

Senior VIP Bad Ass Member
I am in between subwoofers but these are the 2 that I think I have narrowed my selection down to.

I know that these are both supposed to be more geared towards sound quality, granted 1 more than the other (the lms), but I was hoping maybe some of you had experience with both of these subwoofers in could tell me which is superior in sound quality inn then which is superior in sheer output and spl.

Either of these will be placed in a sealed subwoofer enclosure of which I have around 6 cubic feet to dedicate to net volume. The vehicle is a 2003 dodge ram quad cab with upgraded electrical and dual alternators. I will be powering either of these with a RE Audio XTX5000.1 amplifier which is around 2500 watts rms. The truck has two full layers of dynamat everywhere plus a layer of CCF on top of that.

LMS Ultra nutstomps the XXX in every way possible. Well, maybe the XXX has more X-mech.
"You know why they call it the triple X? Because it moves like a *****."
the XXX is a better HT driver and both on rated power the XXX last longer.

The TC will play higher to blend with mids better but the cone will have weird resonances if you try to play it to high though.

The XXX is better on the low notes than the LMS but the lms is no slouch, I'd still run the XXX because of tc sounds metal cones.

I am in between subwoofers but these are the 2 that I think I have narrowed my selection down to.
I know that these are both supposed to be more geared towards sound quality, granted 1 more than the other (the lms), but I was hoping maybe some of you had experience with both of these subwoofers in could tell me which is superior in sound quality inn then which is superior in sheer output and spl.

Either of these will be placed in a sealed subwoofer enclosure of which I have around 6 cubic feet to dedicate to net volume. The vehicle is a 2003 dodge ram quad cab with upgraded electrical and dual alternators. I will be powering either of these with a RE Audio XTX5000.1 amplifier which is around 2500 watts rms. The truck has two full layers of dynamat everywhere plus a layer of CCF on top of that.
Not a good amp

Is 2500 enough for the LMS's? I've been seeing a few people push them with 3000. Is that recommended? I forgot the rms specs lol. Also the difference in the lowend output......is it substantial between the two or just a slight difference? Will the xxx's higher xmax suit me better....but then its EBP is also higher and qts is forcing a larger enclosure on the xxx.....will 6 cf net be enough for the xxx?

So RE Audio's amp don't do rated? 1000 Watts out of 2500 is a big **** overrate!!! Is that a tested and clamped statement? Thought RE was actually US Amps? US amps has a decent Rep I thought...... as far as doing rated neways

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.