TC Sounds = DEAD?

Thewes
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Florida
I bought a LMS ultra 18 about a month ago from PE and it seems to has a defective joint along the coil/former. Okay, understandable, these things happen. The kicker is, all TC Sounds phone lines are dead, E-mail is no longer valid, and the forums are practically a ghost town. There is literally no way for me to contact Thilo or anyone else at TC sounds. I'm basically sitting here with a $900.00 paper weight. Seems this new product line of cheaper Chinese assembled TC sounds woofers sold by Parts Express was a last ditch effort to revive the business- and unfortunately I believe that ship has just sunk. Anyone have any information to prove me wrong? I can only hope that Parts Express will take care of my situation.

call parts express?
I don't think tc sounds is around anymore....it's audiopulse now?
I spoke with parts express, warranty is strictly through TC Sounds, funny right? TC sounds is still around, they were Audio Pulse after bankruptcy then switched back over to TC.

You my friend have been duped.......... smh
I am not so much worried more than I am disappointed in Thilo and TC sounds. Believe me, I am not going to sit here with a broken driver I paid $900.00 for, PE will either replace it or give me my money back... its practically their responsibility since they carry/sell a product produced from a very irresponsible(dead?) company. Cool subs, but non existent customer service.

If you go to the grocery store and buy a bad apple, I guess you would take it back to the store, not the farmer? Makes sense to me.

I read the title, possible TC Sounds out of business, then I read the OP, LMS Ultra with a failed glue joint... and then I had to go back and check dates because I assumed this was a thread from a few years ago. Seems Thilo didnt learn a damn thing from his previous mistakes, neither in terms of business management, of how to glue his freakin subs together properly.

I spoke with parts express, warranty is strictly through TC Sounds, funny right? TC sounds is still around, they were Audio Pulse after bankruptcy then switched back over to TC.
It was TC Sounds, then went bankrupt, stiffed a bunch of suppliers, then reopened as Audiopulse to avoid those debts. Then he went and did it again (albeit it more discretely the second time), reviving the TC name. Now, I guess, he closing the doors AGAIN? lulz

Thilo is a monstrous douche to do business with, obviously. Ive always been interested in TC products, but the one-two punch of lousy build quality AND lousy/almost non-existent customer service have kept me away. I feel bad for the OP, but tbh he should not be surprised at this turn of events, its only the 4th time now Thilo is apparently closing the doors and stiffing people who took the risk of doing business with him.

I hate to jump to any conclusions but no phone lines, no email contact, no forum replies, I'm pretty sure parts express got their very final shipment of TC woofers about 2 months back and they might be in for a harsh reality. I could be completely wrong but no proper business has no way to contact any staff of any sort. Thilo (Or chung li nao ming) you make one hell of a woofer, but seems your about to bend me and a couple dozen others over with this warranty situation.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.