Taramps/soundigital amplifiers why not?

buckeyes#1
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
p-town
so the pricing on these amp are a lot cheaper than the other big name amp , but why dont more people use these amps i done lots of research they do over rated wattage why dont we hear more about these amplifiers , im in need of a 5k amp but looking at sundown to taramps or soundigital why are these so small , please info me on this

Do some research on them. This gets discussed so often. Ive owned 8 Taramps amp. They are great. Should be able to give some personal experience with the PRV amps soon.

So if I bought a 5k I wouldn't be disappointed, sorry just need a upgrade from my saz3500 and have been researching alot on these amps ,just hard to believe they are not more popular with the price difference, that's why I was wondering if there was something else keeping people away from them

I also can vouch for taramps. Only experience is with a 2 ohm 8k but its been flawless on moderate electrical.
Same here Taramps HD 15k at 2 ohms and I been beating on it hard now and its awesome. I think I have way more electrical than needed- I never see under 13.8v and mostly its over 14.5 v

For YEARS the Brazilian style amp (taramps and soundigital and Stetson) have been known to blow and be "sensitive" to ANY ohm load lower than their rated

They didn't like higher charging voltages

I just bought a hd15000

Supposedly the new hd line is superb takes a beating and keeps on going

Not to mention they are stupid small

This 15k is like 1/2 as big as my Korean 5k

So if I bought a 5k I wouldn't be disappointed, sorry just need a upgrade from my saz3500 and have been researching alot on these amps ,just hard to believe they are not more popular with the price difference, that's why I was wondering if there was something else keeping people away from them
their past track record has haters trying to steer them away from brazilians. They originally started out being used mainly for mids and highs with low voltage battery oriented setups and never abused with low ohm loads. Hits the US market idiots start mounting on their sub box, wiring low, or having it on a crazy 16 volt charging system which led to fires.

However thats waay in the past, nowadays taramps idiot proofed their amps for the US markets. There's PLENTY of brazilian setups. You just arent in the car audio scene as much to see it. Hit up popwarhomie for the deals.

However you did miss out a blow out sale on the hd15k that was going for extremely cheap before the new years.

Hit up popwarhomie for the deals.
However you did miss out a blow out sale on the hd15k that was going for extremely cheap before the new years.

Thank you, and that 15k deal was amazing. Too bad I had no use for one //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Thank you, and that 15k deal was amazing. Too bad I had no use for one //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
Hell ya ! I almost bought another just to have, but 30k may be a little much for two subs lol !

For YEARS the Brazilian style amp (taramps and soundigital and Stetson) have been known to blow and be "sensitive" to ANY ohm load lower than their ratedThey didn't like higher charging voltages

I just bought a hd15000

Supposedly the new hd line is superb takes a beating and keeps on going

Not to mention they are stupid small

This 15k is like 1/2 as big as my Korean 5k
Ya I had it since end of aug and beat on it everyday and no problems ! and wait till you see how it does on your korean electrical I get very little voltage drop its crazy ! And your right very small !

I wouldn't recommend the 5k. The 8k is the best amp for the money. The cost difference between the 5k and 8k is small.
PM me when you want to buy.
I would do a 8k but the 5k will be more power then I need for my 12" zv3,s so 8k would be way overkill, do these amps have the clip light?

I would do a 8k but the 5k will be more power then I need for my 12" zv3,s so 8k would be way overkill, do these amps have the clip light?
A bigger amp barely doing anything will have better sounding clean bass along with a longer overall lifespan. Just because its 8k doesnt mean you have to use all of it

Yeah I don't think I'd be using the 5k ,I don't know what 12" zv3 can handle daily I had a saz3500 running them and they handle that ,that's why I was looking at a 5k

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.