taramps md8000.1

Participant count
  • Participant list

ekah

Senior VIP Member
hawaii
bought it
seems i turned the gain up almost more than half way and its nowhere near my cab1600
but then again i havent turned the volume up to hit that cliping light
but the volume i usually rest on is 20 out of 42 and its no where near the cab
is it because of electrical

You can’t really compare the knob position between two different companies. Turn it up. The Taramps will make 4x the power as the cab if you have the electrical.
Also, check your crossover settings. The Taramps is a full range amp, and it is easy to set it so their is no bass.

You can’t really compare the knob position between two different companies. Turn it up. The Taramps will make 4x the power as the cab if you have the electrical.
Also, check your crossover settings. The Taramps is a full range amp, and it is easy to set it so their is no bass.
I guess I'll just turn up the sounds until clip wherever the gain is on and then lower when needed.
I would assume I would get more power even with stock electrical.
I'll send pictures where filter and gains are when I get home

bought it
seems i turned the gain up almost more than half way and its nowhere near my cab1600
but then again i havent turned the volume up to hit that cliping light
but the volume i usually rest on is 20 out of 42 and its no where near the cab
is it because of electrical
your head unit should be 90% of your max volume. Sub level should be up. now reset your gains again. Make sure your high pass filter is as low as it can go and low pass around 100hz.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.