Tapping into a remote on wire

Why use the converters if you can tap into the remote on wires from a HU or OEM amp ( if you have to keep those amps like I do)?

Is there a problem created from tapping into an existing enable wire?

Thanks

Like maylar said, not knowing the current capacity of the factory turn on circuit is a problem. Of course, you could always cut it and feed a relay with it. Then you could use the relay to send turn on signal to all three units with no worries. But make **** sure it's an actual "dumb" 12 volt signal.

I don't know what kind of car you have and many of today's cars use a data bus to turn things on and off. If that's a data bus wire and you tap it, it won't be pretty.

... I don't know what kind of car you have and many of today's cars use a data bus to turn things on and off. If that's a data bus wire and you tap it, it won't be pretty.
Ok that's what I'm concerned about. I have a 2010 F350 with sync, navi, and premium sound system. I've been told that this system requires that I keep the speaker amp in order to keep all those functions. The reason i asked is because the music and other features will stay on 5 minutes after i shut off my truck or until I open the door. I want to keep that feature.

is there a reason why you dont want to use a line out converter?
No particular reason. Just not familiar with its relation to a remote on requirement for the Zapco processor. And I guess I thought it would be a redundancy if the Zapco already line converts.

Why use a LOC like you all are saying? Use the OEM turn on wire to a 12v relay. it would NOT cause an issue at all as it takes minuscule amounts of current away. Use that as the switched power for the relay and have the constant wire running from your battery to your remote inputs on your amps and processor.

I guess the question goes back to..Do you think the Enable brown wire in the diagram is an "OEM turn on wire"?

If it is then are you saying....enable wire to relay - relay back to OEM amp and relay out to processor. From processor remote out to new JL Amps remote turn on?

you're going to need a wiretap //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Quit tap dancing around the question. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Can I tap into the "enable" wire of my existing OEM amp in order to feed my Zapco processor or JL Amp? I'm assuming that the enable brown wire is indeed a remote on wire.
use a DMM to measure the voltage on that wire as you turn the factory head unit on and off.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.