Tap off Cigarette Lighter for Amp Remote Wire?

DaBurner
10+ year member

Guys this probably sounds so retarded but I had to ask, I've tried nearly every wire on my wiring harness and couldnt get a signal to my amp to turn it on so now im asking if I could tap off my cigarette lighter, and if I do could I risk damaging anything ?

What color wire should it be?

most cars the cigerette lighter stays on constantly after the car is shut off, so your amps would never shut off. tap into your red acc wire, or amp turn-on lead

if worse comes to worse, run a wire from your battery and wire in a kill switch //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

omg....If your cig lighter operates with the key in the off position then dont use it but if the cig lighter doesnt operate in off position and only operates in the on positon, by all means tap into it.......its a simple test to find out

If not then u can find out which wire is the accessory wire on the radio.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.