Tantric, Sundown who are you again?

$1000 dollars buys you a good bit of tantric woofers compared to a DD woofer, just saying.. At this point though Sundown is getting up there in price.

I've bought a few sundown subs and have been happy with them. I recently bought a pair of DD 9512h subs, but have not built my box yet to test them. Does anyone know if this style of basket is big enough for a 4" coil? I know they have a 3" coil right now. In the future, I was going to buy new motors for them. I'd like to get some gigantic EMF motors. If its only big enough for a 3" coil, I'll get Z4 motors and make an adapter plate.

DigitalDesignsDD9512gDVC1.5_b2.jpg

I got them used, so they were a great price. I mainly got them because I like the baskets //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The motors don't allow for too much excursion though

I've never used tantric, but they look solid

A 3.35inch voice coil is going to be hell to recone. Which limits you to pretty much dd for recones.
Good catch!

Why would you want a recone from anywhere else? They charge as much as everywhere else and use all american soft parts
Think 3-4 years down the road when it breaks and DD doesn't make/stock that coil anymore. After seeing guys get stuck with HCCA, Solo X, and other subs with oddball size softparts I wouldn't mess with anything that wasn't readily available elsewhere.

I'm sure they're bad ***, but definitely get rid of them before DD changes the coil they use or you'll never ever find parts again if it breaks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.