Taking out back seat, need enclosure design help!! 4, 8, or 12 12s

Participant count
  • Participant list

pmena

I am getting a project for the winter and need some advice. I'm getting a 2000 Buick Century (or regal, not sure) for some work that I did and I want to build a system in it. I have 12 12" Kicker CVRs and 3 Autotek mono blocks (1200 watts RMS).

So I took out the back seat and have a total width of 54" to work with. I have 36" in height with a max depth of 19" or 34" in height with 29" depth to work with.

I'm trying to figure out would would be the loudest. I think I could manage to get all 12 in if I did them forward facing just would need to squeeze them in those 36" so they just wouldn't line up straight but could probably be getting around 1.5 cu ft each sealed

I'm thinking it would be louder if I built a wall with the 8 subs facing rear (4 on top and 4 on the bottom) with a port in the center to let the sound back into the cabin. The problem with this idea is that I've never done anything like this but would this be the loudest approach?

Another possibility was doing 8 subs ported forward facing (4 on top and 4 on bottom with horizontal slot ports meeting in the middle) Would this be louder?

I'm sorry if this doesn't make sense and thanks in advance to anyone that can help!

I'm really trying to get the loudest I can with what I have to work with.

The wiring and electrical will all be put in to match the amps and subs I put in so thats not an issue.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.