T3 box tuning

Participant count
  • Participant list

dcelf
10+ year member

Katsu Sauce Chronic
im planning on putting to 12" T3 T.600 in a ported box and i wanted to know what to tune the port to. i went to the T3 audio site and i didn't see any box tuning paramaters, only vent deminsions:

Diameter: 3"/8in^2

Length: 9"

i don't really know much about port dimensions and all dat junk so if someone could please translate this into "hz" that would be great. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

(im ordering the box from klaus audio)

Can't figure out the tuning without knowing the box volume. Regardless, that port is too small, and more than likely they are going to recommend a small box. I'd go with 2.25ft^3 tuned to 30-32hz. Spec-wise, it's actually a better sealed box woofer, which is why a larger than recommended ported box with a low tuning works well. Going with a smaller box moves the peak higher up the frequency range and takes away a little low-end with it.

Just checked the site. 1.75ft^3 is the recommended volume, and a 3" port that's 9" long will give you a 31hz tuning...props to them for not making it really high and useless, but shame on them for recommending such a small port.

Just checked the site. 1.75ft^3 is the recommended volume, and a 3" port that's 9" long will give you a 31hz tuning...props to them for not making it really high and useless, but shame on them for recommending such a small port.
That's surprising.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.