System shuts off.... HELP!!!

Audioz

OR
I have a sony Mp3 MP70 system and i have it hooked up to 2 300watt amps powering 2 8s. Now my problem is when I crank the radio it shuts off, everything shuts off, amps, and radio, and then comes back on and keeps shuting off unless I turn it down. My problem is its not starting to do it at lower volume.

I dont think its lack of power to the amps because the amps would shut off not the radio from what I remember on another setup I did. But this case the radio shuts off.

I have them all in a 92' ford s10 pickup.

My question is anyone know why its doing this? It does it with any radio i ever had in it except the factory. Could it be lack of power to the radio itself or somthing? All the fuses on the car are correct size for fuse on radio and stuff.

Can anyone plz help me solve this problem.

Thanks so much.

That could be a number of things. I would suggest taking it to an experienced installer. The only thing I can think of is a loose connection or something like that. That's just my opinion.

I have installed many systems myself. If it was a loss connection though it would do it anytime, not just when i turn it up.

I think its maybe the wireing to small going to the radio itself but im not sure. I dont want to rewire it for nothing.

I also noticed that if I turn LOUD off on radio i can turn it up more without it doing it but it would still do it when you get to certin point.

If anyone can PLZ help me and give me some advice. I dont wana pay to have someone look at it because im only going to have this truck another 6 months or so and dont wana wast any more money on it because its going to junk yard when im done.

Thanks for any help.

use a volt meter----look at the voltage at the battery, HU & amp. there maybe a bad connection causing a voltage drop. This would make the HU or/and the amp turn off

Interesting, I've never seen a ford s10 pickup, the s10 is a chevy vehicle.

My friend had this problem. He had a set of bad speakers hooked up to the deck and when ever he turned the volume above 1/2 it will shut down and restart. He found that if he turned the bass right down he could turn it all the way up. When we disconnected the bad speakers everything worked fine. I would suggest disconnect your speakers one at a time and check when the problem goes away. That speaker might need to be replaced. If that doesn't work check your power system. You may find that when you turn it up, the system draws too much power causing the voltage to drop below 10.5, many decks will shut down at this low voltage. When your deck shuts down, of course the amps will follow

this happened to my boys car who system i installed the same thing once we cranked t up his head unit would shut off and so would his system then it would come back on the problem is u need a capasator once he got that everything worked fine also he got his batter terminals clened which helped trust me get a cap then u should be fine!!!!

well im w/ chris on this one...sounds like a voltage drop...the 2 amps may be drawing to much power and the charging system cannot keep up and everything isnt getting the power when the bass hits hard/loud.....i would check all your wire and possible upgrade all your wiring to a larger gauge...if that doesnt work...possible see about getting the alt rewound and/or get a cap......see chris a big step for me there....heh...anyways...good luck

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.