System reccomendations?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hey, just looking for some recommendations for my first system, I was checking out some Sony stuff but after reading up a little I'm second guessing it.

I've got a Civic HB and I'm looking for this basic system...

I want a cd deck for under 300$, preferably > 250$

Thinking just 1 sub, probably 12", still considering the sony xplod cuz I hear they're great for the buck, > 150$ preferred

I was gonna go with coax in the front, 6.5" and tweeters in the back, dunno what the deal is with that, just my bro's suggestion, wondering if that will work, also are 3-ways significantly better than 2-ways?

>100 for the front preferably and suggestions on the backseat situation...

I hear that a sealed box for the xplod sub works good?

Looking for any suggestions on amp, was hoping 300$ or less, not sure if I need to connect the speakers to one or just the sub?

Basically I want to buy this progressively over the next 1-2 months and end up with a nice system that didn't just put me in the poor house, wanting SQ more than SPL I guess

Also, all those dollar amounts are in CAN so like... times by .72 for USD

Allright, I hope you guys can work with that, thanks in advance for any suggestions

Oh, BTW, I have a rain check for some 6.5 xplod 2-ways, should I scrap this?

I'm looking into a deck right now, interested in the deh-3500 or deh-4500mp

The price is the same (about 270$ CAN at the local retailer) and being able to play mp3's isn't a big concern to me but a luxury nonetheless, so I was hoping for some input on these two decks.

Ok first off, you do not want to get anything Sony at all.

Sony does not make any good car audio products except for maybe HU's, which I think **** as well.

For less than 150 dollars, you could get an Elemental designs K series.

http://www.edesignaudio.com

The head unit... you can get a better Pioneer than that at http://www.sounddomain.com

Plus they will give you the necessary installation equipment.

Check out the DEI Viper comps at sounddomain.com as well.

Thanks! I think I'll get a 5500mp now which will cost about 300 CAN, dunno if they will charge any taxes between borders but that still shouldn't add up to much more than getting either of the lower models.

The Vipers look amazing, just one question though, if they take 100 rms won't I need an extra amp? Or could I just get a better one and run the fronts and sub off the same one?

Thanks again, I finally feel like I'm getting somewhere //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.