system questions

2muchbass
10+ year member

hey i have a 87 ford tarus that was given to me by a parent, it has a pretty bad system in it and a blown rear deck speaker. iam looking at a few subs but no definate head unit subs are a mtx RFL competition 12'' Jl w6 12" and a JL w3 15" can any body help me to find a pretty good head unit and some good ideas about what subs i should purchace to go with the system.

thanks

pioneer makes some of the best h/u's ive seen....thats more of a personal issue though....just go to a car audio store and look at them....and check out the features and see what matches to your needs most....good luck

Since you mentioned the JL W3 15, I'll throw in the Digital Designs 3515, cost a little bit less, and will smack the W3 around in most installs...

You can also look into the Hollywood Excursion lines, nice efficient woofers, that are pretty cheap..

For head units, I've run most lines, and I've been most happiest with Panasonic, at high SPL, they do not skip... Very important for me.

Loyd L.

It probably wouldn't be the best idea to get the RFL 15, its made for the strict purpose of SPL competition and NOT daily driving at all. I'd go with the JL W3s, they sound great and can really bump...If you can afford the RFL and want an SPL woofer, check out MMATS Juggernauts, they are AMAZING...slam one of those in a ported box and feed it LOTS of power and ya can't go wrong!

Keep it loud!

JELLYDIME

ok thanks for your help, altho i have no idea of what the different kind of subs are, it helps i guess. i have been thinkin, and i have a system in my mind that may sound good. a sony explod h/u some new rear deck and front spekers, a 6x9 coaxil for the back and a 3.5 tweeter in the front. 2 pioneer impp 12" or 10" subs, i do not know how much power to push to them and i really dont know too much about them to know. what are the benifits and disadvantages of boxes? bandpass, ported, open, doublebandpass? i really have no clue about some of this stuff. all i know is that i want to spend less than 500$ and have a good amount of bass and i dont want it to hit so hard that it out powers my highs. i dont want too much but enough that when your rollin down the street you can hear it but not like its shakin your **** all around. i hope iam makin sense. i have no intention of going to competitions or blarin my stuff. i want a all aroung good system that i can upgrade. help me if you can. thanks alot fcs

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.