6.5 inch recommendation

Participant count
  • Participant list

tlh1005

Hi,

I just bought an Infinii SUV which came with a decent sounding bose system but I want more. I haven't done much in the car audio realm in the past 5 years so I am behind. I have a fultron compettion amp (75 x 4) and one 12 which I will be installing. I would like to replace the (4) 6.5 inch door speakers also. I am asking for decent priced recommendations. One guy at a shop says he can get me the "Boston Rally" series for $169.00 a pair which he says will sound good. I know this might sound sh*tty to you guys but I was more thinking $99. What do you think, can I get good speakers for that price and if so what brands could some of you recommend? Another shopped mentioned Eclipse.

Thanks,

Troy

Boston Acoustics have 6.5 inch speakers that are a step below the Rally's that sound good. They are only 25 watts rms but a reputable dealer told me that they can handle 4X that amount without a problem. I have used both sreies of Boston acoustics and they are hard to beat for the price. Otherwise I believe Infinity Reference speakers are in that price range. I have used them and would recommend them. Other speakers to consider in that price range - Polk DX or EX, Alpine SPS series, MB Quart DKD. Kenwood and Pioneer also make decent speakers for their price. The other speakers that I listed are a little more high end type brands. THe speakers that I listed were all about $100 at http://www.onlinecarstereo.com

So do you think i would see a noticeable difference goign with the Boston Acoustics over the other speakers? Is there much of a difference between the lower model Boston Acoustics you mentioned Vs. The Rally series??

Thansk for the help given so far!

Troy

The Rally's are a better speaker, and yes there is a noticeable difference but, the lower range Bostons are still an excellent speaker. Whether or not they sound better than the other speakers would be up to your ears. I think they all rank pretty close. If you have different audio shops in your area it's best to go out and listen to as many speakers as you can. The certain brands that jump out at me may not overly impress you. However, I don't think that you would be disapointed in any of the speakers listed above, they are all pretty good choices.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.