System Problems... Could use some advice please.

Participant count
  • Participant list

TrippyManeRob

CarAudio.com Newbie
Ok so heres the deal.. I have 2 12" DVC 4ohm (500-750 rms) Alpine Type R's running on a Refurbished Memphis Prxa 1500.1 running at 1 ohm (yes, amp is 1 ohm stable) in a Ground Shaker box thats tuned to 30hz and 4 cubes total.. I have a 250 amp H. O alternator and an AGM battery under the hood and a battery in the trunk Aswell as the Big 3 done and everything done in 0 Gauge wire.
Now my problem is that when I tune my amp how I want and turn the gain up where I want it my subs fricken slam and sound awesome on a few songs and then like every other song makes my subs clip and sound terrible plus stink like burning coils as well as get super warm on the cone... So I turn the gain down till its gone and then my subs are way too quiet.
Now ive had these same exact subs before only they were in a box tuned to 35 hz and running off a different amp that was only 500 watts rms and these subs POUNDED! I had to wear ear plugs and could literally watch the rearview mirror of the vehicle ahead of me shake at stop lights...
My current setup sounds similar when clipping the **** out of my subs but no where near that level when gain is turned down enough. And only probably 1/4 of my songs are loud even with the gain cranked.
My question is do you guys think im better off trying to get a different amp? (my memphis amp was purchased refubished and I feel that it may be faulty and sending my subs dirty power)
Or do you think im better off getting a new enclosure tuned to 35 hz?

What do you have your crossover settings set to?
How are you setting your gains? By ear?
Even though you have quite a bit of electrical, if you don't have a sufficient ground, it could be causing voltage drop as well.

The environment of where the subs are located and how they are placed as well as the air space provided along with structure, tuning ect. There are several factors involved when choosing and placing subs and proper power , settings,to maximize the potential. Provided in one vehicle will never perform the same within another.

Ok so heres the deal.. I have 2 12" DVC 4ohm (500-750 rms) Alpine Type R's running on a Refurbished Memphis Prxa 1500.1 running at 1 ohm (yes, amp is 1 ohm stable) in a Ground Shaker box thats tuned to 30hz and 4 cubes total.. I have a 250 amp H. O alternator and an AGM battery under the hood and a battery in the trunk Aswell as the Big 3 done and everything done in 0 Gauge wire.
Now my problem is that when I tune my amp how I want and turn the gain up where I want it my subs fricken slam and sound awesome on a few songs and then like every other song makes my subs clip and sound terrible plus stink like burning coils as well as get super warm on the cone... So I turn the gain down till its gone and then my subs are way too quiet.
Now ive had these same exact subs before only they were in a box tuned to 35 hz and running off a different amp that was only 500 watts rms and these subs POUNDED! I had to wear ear plugs and could literally watch the rearview mirror of the vehicle ahead of me shake at stop lights...
My current setup sounds similar when clipping the **** out of my subs but no where near that level when gain is turned down enough. And only probably 1/4 of my songs are loud even with the gain cranked.
My question is do you guys think im better off trying to get a different amp? (my memphis amp was purchased refubished and I feel that it may be faulty and sending my subs dirty power)
Or do you think im better off getting a new enclosure tuned to 35 hz?
Most Deff. Not enough information here.What type of Vehicle, Enclosure Design( Port up Subs up, Subs up Port Rear, Subs forward port drivers side ect., Subs rear port rear?? HU Stock or Aftermarket? ect.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...