System just shut off?

5thgenaccord
10+ year member

I was just listening to music moderately loud with the sub at negative 2, and all of a sudden it just shut off. I looked and my amp still has the blue light on and everything is still connected. I pushed on the sub it didn't rattle and it didn't smell blown. I connect the coils to a battery and the sub moved up and down and worked perfectly. I checked the rcas in the back of the deck and the fuses are good. It still doesn't play. I am really lost, anyone have any ideas?

I doubt you blew anything, but it is possible your amp went into protect, is there a red light on the side of the amp, also a fuse on the amp could of went out and the amp will remain on. One other thing, you could of lost voltage. Here is what I would check. 1. Fuses, all fuses, even in the HU, 2. Wires, make sure wires are all connected, 3, check voltage on you remote wire because the amp will not work sometimes with low volts from remote wire, 4. or you could find another amp that you know works and hook it up to see if the subs work, but it sounds to me a fuse blew somewhere if you were cranking hard, just because a fuse looks good doesn’t mean it is, use a meter to check or just switch them out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.