System Installed - Thank You ca.com

thanx but the orion would put out 1000 rms at 1 ohm, My sub is a dual 4...I cant wire it to 1 ohm can I...,
I can wire it to 2 ohms and at that my memphis and the orion are the same.... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
Actually, you'd be lloking at around 1300 at 1 ohm (amp is underrated a bit), which translates to 700+ at 2 ohms (unless the amp is 100% efficient, they have to make it put our more at higher impedence in order to reach rated power at 1 ohm. no amp is 100% efficient).

Might not give you a huge boost, but it's something to think about if you're interested. Most I would be asking for would be like $50.

LMK

I have a 16-ST500D, it does 500 X 1 at 2 ohm.....
and it was an Orion 1000 he wanted to trade not a memphis
Exactly. I wouldn't even bother with the offer if I already had a matching amp. My Orion is every bit as good as a Memphis, but it doesn't match my highs amp, and I got way too good of a deal on that to let it go(traded my PSP which cost me $160 for a baby belle, which I traded for the 3004).

Actually, you'd be lloking at around 1300 at 1 ohm (amp is underrated a bit), which translates to 700+ at 2 ohms (unless the amp is 100% efficient, they have to make it put our more at higher impedence in order to reach rated power at 1 ohm. no amp is 100% efficient).
Might not give you a huge boost, but it's something to think about if you're interested. Most I would be asking for would be like $50.

LMK
Thanks bro. I will let you know if I need it.

ya, its a sturdy amp and is putting out 500+ watts at 2 ohm right now, that cvx is power hungry, I set the gains using a dmm as described here and though it sounds great, the kicker is hardly moving.... wonder what will happen when I connect it to a SAZ 1000D (my next investment).....cant wait
Like I said, I have an autotek 750.1..............sitting in my room. I recently put the CVX in my car off my old amp, which is an old school A/B Lanzar amp doing around 900rms and my sub looks like it wants to jump out the box, lol! Still no distortion what so ever. Awesome sub, I hope I don't lose any power from switching amps. Only reason I am switching is due to my Lanzar shutting off when I play if for more than 10 minutes getting on it some. Plus summer is coming up. Should sound alright.

Also thanx for the pics, looks like a nice setup. Like others said, I would lose the stickers. Never know who might be looking. Trust me on this as I have learned the hard way.

Like I said, I have an autotek 750.1..............sitting in my room. I recently put the CVX in my car off my old amp, which is an old school A/B Lanzar amp doing around 900rms and my sub looks like it wants to jump out the box, lol! Still no distortion what so ever. Awesome sub, I hope I don't lose any power from switching amps. Only reason I am switching is due to my Lanzar shutting off when I play if for more than 10 minutes getting on it some. Plus summer is coming up. Should sound alright.
Also thanx for the pics, looks like a nice setup. Like others said, I would lose the stickers. Never know who might be looking. Trust me on this as I have learned the hard way.
hmmm, I'll keep that in mind....Thanks for looking bro

Yes sir, in choosing the equipment, buying it(every piece except the profile), installing it(I got a little local help on that but only little), tuning my amps and even outting on the decals.
hell even painting the box...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

Nice to see you finally got everything installed. I would certainly toss the Kicker logo in the front. The Memphis logo isn't so bad in the rear. Nice start for a first system.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.