System install quote, reasonable or outrageous?

it's 6x9s all the way around in that vehicle and it's a stupid mounting depth that most 6x9s won't fit. I've fit 6x9s and 6.5s. dash kit, so you can do an aftermarket radio. the power pack is fine the problem I run into is that all the installers I've seen install them use the wire for the radio instead of running a separate 12 gauge power and ground for it. what is the obsession with keeping the stock radio, it ***** and it's just as expensive to keep it and it's going to sound like chit or ditch it and you'll be fine.
My stock radio is pretty ******. But it don't sound like **** now and I bet what I did is cheap enough and won't lose a single feature.

How can I replace the stock radio without replacing all the features that came with it? climate control, backup camera, navigation a lot of the car interfaces with the stock system, searing wheel controls and stuff like that.
the dash kit i'm referring to retains most if not all of it. or you can go Maestro with a Kenwood DD and you should be able to retain everything at that point and even pick up a feature or 2.

Went to my local shop to price out a system for my 2015 cherokee, I did all the work on my old car but don't feel comfortable tearing this one apart and interfacing with the stock head unit. This is what they quoted me, they charge 10$ extra for install if you bring in outside parts which I will be doing judging by these prices. Is it reasonable to charge for 4 channel amp install and inverter install? There were also supposed to quote me with components in the front but they didn't price that, i think its an extra $20 for component install. Amazon prices at the end. I have the sws-12 and 500w mono from the old car for them to install.
2x alpine spr-69 199.99 =399.98 (290 for 6x9 and component sets on amazon)

2x speaker install 55.00 110.00

1 LP7-2 inverter 39.99 (20 on amazon)

1 L7-4 inverter 49.99 (30 on amazon)

inverter installation 68.00

alpine pdr f-50 450.00 (239 on amazon)

amp install 95.00

misc wire and connectors 55.00

0 Ga amp kit for existing monoblock 79.99

4ga amp kit for 4 channel 35.99

sub amp install 68.00

total $1541.08

this seems pretty outrageous to me, price of speakers, inverters and amps on amazon is $584.63

Was thinking of having them put some dynomat in there while they had it all apart but idk what they'd charge me for that....
just do it yourself.

the dash kit i'm referring to retains most if not all of it. or you can go Maestro with a Kenwood DD and you should be able to retain everything at that point and even pick up a feature or 2.
What do you think about installing a LC7i instead of the loc's they wanted me to get?

its all that highend mainstream stuff killing you... i go to shops all the time.. cartunes is my favorite.. buy 50.00 radio free install..... pull out that 50.00 radio a few days later for easy swap.. lol i hate some dashes and would rather buy a 50 hu get free install then sell for 20 bucks later.. bam install cost a total of 30 bucks... ive even went up there bought the hu for 50 and had em install diff hu... lmao

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.