system in a sports car?

silverlude56
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Florida
i have a honda prelude. my question is..would it be worth gettin a powerful setup in such a small car versus gettin a lesser setup in this 2 door car. what do u reccommend? i could see how in a suv a more powerful setup would be desired where as in a smaller car with less cockpit area. i want a good match

Prelude's are sports cars... those things are beasts. Why not have a nice setup? It's a nice car, give it some good sound too! I'm planning on getting a sports car with a powerful setup as well... don't see any problem with it.

Depends on your car. I have a Prelude and a s2000. Both cars are small, but the s2000 has a lot less room and is purely a fun car. the prelude is a daily driver, and i am slowly building the system back up from scratch after a recent theft.

I have a 98 5th gen with the acoustic feedback system. somehow with a single 10" sub, upgraded headunit and some dynamat, the system rocks for a factory setup. Upgrading the components with a nice setup and amp would make it even better and very stock looking. But the modified exhaust and aggressive road noise from sticky tires counteract all of this.

So if you enjoy it, go for it...

cool. nice to hear of someone in here with the same car as me. do u reccomend a 12"se or a 12"xxx? thinkin of either of the two. xxx will cost double and take up a lil more room. i think ill go with the se and work on the comps and an amp and have a nice soundstage goin for me. then i guess ill use the money for other aspects of the car...such as performance upgrades

i have a bmw m roadster can i talk? I suggest spending the extra money and getting the xxx u will notice the difference. If not then u can go in between the two and get a 12" RE SX. I have 2 they are a solid sub as well

Never said my car is fast. Beast or sports car signifies that something has a lot of raw power, which is the way I see it for the most part. A Prelude, while a nice balanced car, is not known for it's power, so I certainly wouldn't say it's a sports car. Now back on topic, If I had a real sports car, I'd probably only put 1 sub in, probably a 12" and not a very large box to save on weight. I'd also make sure I could remove it easily incase I were to take it to the track.

those bmw m roadsters are so ****in nice. i guess u can talk. but i guess sports car is the wrong word. lets use the word coupe since we r gettin so off topic.

my system is now worth more than my car...

its always worth putting a system in your car. the bigger the better.

what year prelude is it?

i would consider a 15sec stock car a sports car..

i can't cap on anyones car with my 94 pontiac sunbird... but i still pimp that ****

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.