System help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Crazed

I'm new to car audio and know nothing about it but I would like to have a decent system in my 2002 2dr Accent.

This is what I currently have:

HU: DEH-5100UB http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/products/archive/DEH-P5100UB/index.html

Front Speakers: 6.5 Energy Enc650X Energy 6 1/2" 2-Way Car Speaker (ENC650X) - Future Shop

Rear Speakers: MTX XT603 MTX XThunder 6" Triaxial Car Speaker (XT603) - Future Shop

Infinity 122.7 Sub Infinity 122.7w (1227w) - 12" Subwoofers - Sonic Electronix

in this box Bassworx 12" Subwoofer Ported Box (HPR12) - Future Shop

Infinity 1300a Amp Infinity Reference 1300a Mono subwoofer amplifier 300 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms at Crutchfield.com

It sounds like **** the sub cuts out sometimes!! This entire system was what the installer at future shop suggested to me. I just want a decent system they told me to put 6.5 speakers in but stock ones were 5.25 for the front and rear. If anything from this is usable it would be great since i already put a decent amount of money into it and I believe I got ripped off. If anybody could design a system for me that would be great.

Well I like the HU.. I would like to maybe add 4 channel amp and/or change the rear speakers? Change the sub and amp or get a good enough amp to push the sub I have to its max potential and a new box?

So what all do you want to keep and what's your budget?

If your sub cuts in and out it is probably due to the installation. Check your ground and rca's. That sub is rated at 350 watts. That amp is only 2 ohm stable so if it was setup correct then it should have been wired to a 4 ohm load, meaning your not getting enough power to the sub (not that it should matter with that small amount of wattage).

Honestly, and I don't mean to be a d!ck about this, but I would start over with your bass setup. Including building your own box, or having someone build it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.