Switching from DVC to SVC

Participant count
  • Participant list

killermidgit

GI
i currently have a 1600w 4 channel amp powering one DVC 12" kicker and 2 tweeters. The tweeters are on separate channels 1 and 2 and then the DVC sub is on a bridged channel 3/4 and it works great!

then i recently got an SVC infinity 12" sub, not sure on the power rating and when i hooked it up replacing my DVC sub, my overload protect keeps tripping on the amp

ive tried putting it to 1 channel instead of bridging channel 3/4 and still does the same thing

please help

1) Instead of asking specs, I'll just ask make/model of the amp and look it up.

2) What are the Ohm ratings of the voice coils for the DVC sub? What is it for the SVC?

3) How was the amp wired to the DVC? Did you have a voice coil on Ch 1 and one on Ch 2?(Amp was not actually bridged if so...)

Or was the dvc sub paralleled (or series) and you used Channel 3's + with Channel 4's - ?

If we had to guess, I would say the DVC was wired at 4 ohms and the SVC is a 2 ohm....and the amp just isnt stable in that condition

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.