Switch

Participant count
  • Participant list

whiteyonthepc

TX
Hey everyone. I am new. First post. I have a question. I have been writing in the xterra forums for a while now and havent gotten an answer back so i decided to look up a stereo forum. I have a 2000 Nissan Xterra 2wd 5 speed manual. I am installing 2 JL audio 10s and a crunch power amp in it. I have all the wires ran except the remote wire. I need to know where i can hook it up. I dont feel like cutting the ignition wire to splice it. Seems too risky for me. If there is a nother way please tell me. That is the onlny thing i have left. I was going to try and put it on my 12v cig lighter because it turns off when the car is off but someone on the other forum said it was a bad idea. Any input on that would be helpful too. Thanks. L8r.

if you have factory stereo your only options are hardwire directly to battery with a switch inline, tap into a ign. hot wire or if you have it, a power antenna

I am pretty sure that the cigarette plugs don't go off after you turn the car off. If you were to tap into there and then mount a toggle switch somewhere then that will work, as long as you remembered to turn it off when you leave the car. I recommend using either the power antenna or the remote wire from the HU like stated above.

well my cig lighter DOES go off. When i have my phone charger in it and i turn my car off the phone stops charging.... that should mean it goes off right? or is it something else....i reallly really really dont wanna cut into my ignition and i dont have a power antenna....

edit: it stops charging my phone when i turn off the car and my ionic air filter stops when i turn it off i just teseted that. so i think it does turn off....do i just hotwiere it into the positive wire on it?

edit 2: and yes it is a factory stereo

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.