!?Switch Subs?!

depends what "way better" means to you,

the W7 is a very nice sub, but for the money there are numerous other subs of comparable performance for much less

What are your goals...just getting loud as possible, or having good SQ? What type of music do you listen to? What kind of box are the CompVR's in, and what do you plan on putting the JL in?

This all depends. Are you happy with the current system? If no then upgrade to the JL, I'm sure you would love it. It's an amazing driver. If yes, then why change anything?

Pretty simple.

Comp VR's are in a sealed box....but they dont catch the lows that i want..so im guessing that a 12 would do that alot better...i know that a ported or vented box would help the 10's but 12's are just made for it..your right about the JL w7 being pricey so can someone give me an idea of a 12 that has awesome output but isnt like $500 or more...i listen to all hip hop.. i listen to rock alot too but if i get a good low hitting sub then it will mostly be hip hop. as far as the box that i would put the twelve in...thats open for suggestions too. thanks

Comp VR's are in a sealed box....but they dont catch the lows that i want..so im guessing that a 12 would do that alot better...i know that a ported or vented box would help the 10's but 12's are just made for it..your right about the JL w7 being pricey so can someone give me an idea of a 12 that has awesome output but isnt like $500 or more...i listen to all hip hop.. i listen to rock alot too but if i get a good low hitting sub then it will mostly be hip hop. as far as the box that i would put the twelve in...thats open for suggestions too. thanks
Before forking out $$ for the JL, why not just try a ported box, tuned low, and see if it gives you more the results your looking for.

Why not L7s in a Blazer? Plenty of room to port them right.

2 12" RE SEs would be a nice upgrade from CVRs.

Maybe a single Magnum? I've heard a couple of people say it "kills the W7 is sound quality." I havent heard a W7 myself so I can't say anything on that, but its definately an accurate and potentially loud driver. http://www.stereointegrity.com

JL W6 is louder than the W7. the W7 has better sound quality than the W6, but if you are listening to rap mostly, 2 12" W6's will rock your car. still a little pricy, but better than a W7. and you might find them on sale... the shop by me has all subs buy one get one half off. so for the price of one W7 you can get 2 W6s.

JL W6 is louder than the W7. the W7 has better sound quality than the W6, but if you are listening to rap mostly, 2 12" W6's will rock your car. still a little pricy, but better than a W7. and you might find them on sale... the shop by me has all subs buy one get one half off. so for the price of one W7 you can get 2 W6s.

you're retarded, good job getting that completly ass half backwards

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif w6 louder than a w7:laugh: thats the funniest thing ive ever heard.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.