!?Switch Subs?!

if you want deep bass but not all that loud port the cvr's if you want deep low smooth bass go with the w7 but you can get a lot more diferrent brands that are deffinetly cheeper like the hifonics atlas 12 square they are where designed for sq/spl they run about 400 each and they hold almost the same amount of power as the w7 it holds 1000 rms and the atlas holds 900 rms plus it is square so you it will sound more like a round 15 becuase how it moves air.

if you want deep bass but not all that loud port the cvr's if you want deep low smooth bass go with the w7 but you can get a lot more diferrent brands that are deffinetly cheeper like the hifonics atlas 12 square they are where designed for sq/spl they run about 400 each and they hold almost the same amount of power as the w7 it holds 1000 rms and the atlas holds 900 rms plus it is square so you it will sound more like a round 15 becuase how it moves air.
Don't listen to this rubbish;)

you've read one to many advertisments for the L7

i was told that by a jl dealer and a jl rep... just relaying what i heard.
You must have heard them backwards. No JL dealer with any sort of knowledge of the product would say such things, as this even goes against how JL advertises their line of subs. I'll stay out of the debate over which is better SQ as that always boils down to personal opinion, but if you think JL Audio contends the W6v2 is their high output driver over the W7, you are greatly mistaken. Again, no way any decent JL guy would tell you that. You must have misunderstood them by 180 degrees. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

JL W6 is louder than the W7. the W7 has better sound quality than the W6, but if you are listening to rap mostly, 2 12" W6's will rock your car. still a little pricy, but better than a W7. and you might find them on sale... the shop by me has all subs buy one get one half off. so for the price of one W7 you can get 2 W6s.

This is wrong! The w6 has better sq than the w7 but the w7 will have more spl.

If you are looking for something loud as hell with decent sq,well kinda I would check into the oz matrix elite. Bad ass woofer for the price.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

Alright, facts first and foremost.

SQ means sound quality. For most this means that the moofer most capable of perfectly reproducing the signal that it is fed, without adding its own distortion, has better "sound quality." This typically does NOT mean that one "sounds better" than another. (Hell i've had people claim their freeaired audiobahns sounded great! lol If you dont have a clue how to listen then yes you are going to say my DD 9915s sound great...lol They sound like absolute trash btw - 9915c's)

And in the conventional definition of SQ, you CAN determine which moofer will have more POTENTIAL than another at perfectly reproducing the signal that is sent. You can do this through the DUMAX bl curves..... The w7 mops the floor with almost all other subs save a small small handful in this aspect.

1 test is worth 10,000 'expert' opinions!

I personally have heard 1 w7 setup. Just one. I helped install and I tuned it. It was in a JL box and had an audiobahn amp (i dunno man people are nuts) powering it. Despite the amp, that is THE BEST sounding sub I have EVER heard!! (And being on the competitive side of this sport for 4 years and a professional installer I have heard a LOT.)

I have heard and played with about 4 different setups with the w6v2 both ported and sealed in non JL boxes and boxes that I did not get a chance to inspeact....and honestly my L7s sounded better. The boxes they were in could be the culprit however. But again looking at the BL curves the w7's is much much flatter. Which means less bl distortion at higher excursions.

For those who realise that true sound quality = perfect reproduction of what's being set to the transducer, the w7 will always sound better than the w6. For the rest that dont, yall need to learn how to listen to a sub properly. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

W7 mops the floor with w6v1 and w6v2 hands down and that's from a hands on testst...not what my buddy's father's brother's sister's roommate said about it one time when she was drunk...lol Believe nothing that you hear and only 1/2 of what you see! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

This is wrong! The w6 has better sq than the w7 but the w7 will have more spl.
If you are looking for something loud as hell with decent sq,well kinda I would check into the oz matrix elite. Bad ass woofer for the price.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif
lol and you've installed and used both I take it?

If you want spl go get a RE MT. If you want SQ go getcha a w7 in a good box, set your amp properly and learn what clean, accurate, and perfect bass is all about. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

i was told that by a jl dealer and a jl rep... just relaying what i heard.
Sorry for jumping your case, I just dont like being post dumped in the classifieds....

Honestly I'd not go back to that place. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Yota, I do have hands on experience with both drivers.

My W6v2 sounded better than my XXX. It's one of the most musical subs I have heard. Maybe the box design played a roll...

Lol i loved how this thread turned into a JL battle...anyways i guess my real question now is: Is the new Kicker CVR 12' a pretty good sub for an SUV? my buddy has them in his Integra and they hit pretty hard..but he has them tuned bad so you cant even hear the words...but thats besides the point.....BUY NEW KICKERS???? Yes or NO

Yota, I do have hands on experience with both drivers.
My W6v2 sounded better than my XXX. It's one of the most musical subs I have heard. Maybe the box design played a roll...

I never said the w6 was a bad driver. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif The w6s sounding so bad could have been directly due to the boxes, I just found it odd that with hands on tuning on 4 different setups I could not get the things sounding decent... But the w7 was spot on in the first box that rolled through the door. hehe

To origional poster - the new CVR kickers are decent subs to be sure, but you'd be better served by IDQ 12s imo...sound better with equal amounts of SPL...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Also Incriminator Audio Leathal Injection 12s would work VERY well. http://www.incriminatoraudio.com

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.