sweet car test drive day in review....335/cayman/cobra/m3

wj94
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
virginia
lookin at buying a car as a graduation gift to myself....went to carmax today to test drive some badass cars since they don't get commission pay, makes me not feel so bad for wasting their time. anyway....recap:

1. accidentally drove into the ferrari/maserati dealership next door. kept wondering to myself why there was so many lambo's/ferrari's at carmax, then figured it out as we approached the storefront. note to self - when rich, buy a lambo. they're still incredible.

2. drove back into the carmax entrance, went and looked at the cars before test-driving. best cars in order, in my head, pre-test-drive: 1. porsche cayman S, 2004 BMW M3, 2004 Cobra, BMW 335i

3. test drive numero uno: 2004 BMW M3: inline-six sounds/feels incredible once you get past 4000 RPMs. before 4k RPM, not so much different than most other cars. awesome seats, convertible extra weight is mad gay, but sweet car overall.....worth $40k? probably not IMO, but i had fun

4. test drive dos: 2004 cobra: incredible torque all the way from 2500 RPM to 6500 RPM. the best pickup by far of all the cars i test-drove (note to self: lambo test-drive sounding good right now). buy a used one with an aftermarket supercharger/built engine, time to nut your pants upon acceleration. best seats of all the cars by far, incredibly supportive and nice leather/suede combo

5. test drive tres: porsche cayman S: smallest car i've ever driven. other than a lotus elise, i don't know how much more cramped it gets. very connected to the road, incredible handling/speed, though acceleration didn't feel quite as good as cobra. maybe it just ****** because it was an auto. either way, i'd buy this if i had $50k laying around

6. test drive quattro: BMW 335i - driven one of these before at a dealer. this one didn't even have the sport package and was an auto. immediately turned off by the lack of sport package, already hated the car. much sweeter in manual form. however, awesome torque/HP at low RPMs due to twin turbos. love this car in manual form, not so much in auto form.

so there's my morning.....was tempted to bother the salesman for a drive in the audi RS4 they had on the lot, but thought that might be pushing it.

suggestion: if you have a carmax nearby, test drive some badass cars.

for an every day car, the 335i, not to mention you can chip them and get 400hp without voiding the warranty. they however have had problems with overheating after a bit of spirited driving.

for an every day car, the 335i, not to mention you can chip them and get 400hp without voiding the warranty. they however have had problems with overheating after a bit of spirited driving.
mod chip = voided warranty. i'd be too lazy to install/uninstall it before taking it in for service each time

mod chip = voided warranty. i'd be too lazy to install/uninstall it before taking it in for service each time

Piggyback = them not knowing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Morgan

i'm pretty sure from my 335 research that when you take it in for an oil change the car is hooked up to a machine that shows any changes to the CPU and the only way for it to not show up is to uninstall it before bringing it in.

lookin at buying a car as a graduation gift to myself....went to carmax today to test drive some badass cars since they don't get commission pay, makes me not feel so bad for wasting their time. anyway....recap:
1. accidentally drove into the ferrari/maserati dealership next door. kept wondering to myself why there was so many lambo's/ferrari's at carmax, then figured it out as we approached the storefront. note to self - when rich, buy a lambo. they're still incredible.

2. drove back into the carmax entrance, went and looked at the cars before test-driving. best cars in order, in my head, pre-test-drive: 1. porsche cayman S, 2004 BMW M3, 2004 Cobra, BMW 335i

3. test drive numero uno: 2004 BMW M3: inline-six sounds/feels incredible once you get past 4000 RPMs. before 4k RPM, not so much different than most other cars. awesome seats, convertible extra weight is mad gay, but sweet car overall.....worth $40k? probably not IMO, but i had fun

4. test drive dos: 2004 cobra: incredible torque all the way from 2500 RPM to 6500 RPM. the best pickup by far of all the cars i test-drove (note to self: lambo test-drive sounding good right now). buy a used one with an aftermarket supercharger/built engine, time to nut your pants upon acceleration. best seats of all the cars by far, incredibly supportive and nice leather/suede combo

5. test drive tres: porsche cayman S: smallest car i've ever driven. other than a lotus elise, i don't know how much more cramped it gets. very connected to the road, incredible handling/speed, though acceleration didn't feel quite as good as cobra. maybe it just ****** because it was an auto. either way, i'd buy this if i had $50k laying around

6. test drive quattro: BMW 335i - driven one of these before at a dealer. this one didn't even have the sport package and was an auto. immediately turned off by the lack of sport package, already hated the car. much sweeter in manual form. however, awesome torque/HP at low RPMs due to twin turbos. love this car in manual form, not so much in auto form.

so there's my morning.....was tempted to bother the salesman for a drive in the audi RS4 they had on the lot, but thought that might be pushing it.

suggestion: if you have a carmax nearby, test drive some badass cars.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

those Audi's have unbelievable torque. I drove uncle's S4 with a 340hp V8 manual and it hauled. There was no "power band" it just pulled from the second you put your foot down all the way to the red line.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.