New Converter, Trans & Rear Diff. Track Time?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Alpine CDA-9815
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
BFE
The the GTO has a new converter, new trans, new rear diff and new axel stubs ("new version" of OEM rear diff and stubs). I've also bought a new helmet and a fire jacket. I can't make up my mind if I should go to the track or not. I mean I want to, but I can't afford to break anything else.

However the car will be on 285/35/18 Nitto 555R drag radials. So it's not like it will hook that well. On top of that I will only spray a 150 shot and dump in 3-4 gallons of 109 oct gas just to help keep down any detonation that there might be.

10.7 @ 131 is my goal with around a 1.5x 60'. Though I don't have my BFG DR's or a set of MT ET Streets anymore and these Nittos will not cut that. So low 11's would be a good goal now.

Well I'll be getting race fuel and nitrous today. Befor I do anything I'm gonna have my transmission guy take the car for a spin. It seems to be doing fine, but I want him to give me the OK befor I go beat on it.

I don't see the 1.5s happening at the moment, but mid-11s are somewhat feasible.
Mid 11's should be cake on spray.

Car is giving me too many issues to take it to the track. I'm thinking of just selling it, I can't afford to keep on replacing crap. The worst part is I don't even beat the crap out of the car... meh.

Nittos are junk,hence why no domestic cars run them in any sorta compitition.......If you want to hook up youll need a 15" rim and a Mickey Thompson Drag Radial

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.