Sundown zv4 15 box design

Participant count
  • Participants list
Hi I'm building my first box. I was looking for help in design and what material to you use. It is one zv4 15 in a 99 Suburban. So i have plentry of room. Any help would be great.
Your are gonna want to use 3/4 inch MDF (medium density fiber) board, They sell 4x4 sheets at menards. For the design, use This. adjust the port to your desired tuning frequency and it will spit out what dimensions to use, check the specs for your sub to make sure the chamber has enough cubic ft for it sound good. Your tuning frequency can be anywhere from 25-40 Hz for most bass music, closer to 25 Hz if you like to listen to songs with very low bass, closer to 40 if you listen to songs with high bass tones like EDM or rap.

Hi I'm building my first box. I was looking for help in design and what material to you use. It is one zv4 15 in a 99 Suburban. So i have plentry of room. Any help would be great.
Ported or sealed? Either way, you could just follow sundowns recommened box design.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.