Sundown X vs. SSA XCON vs. SSA Evil, among other questions.

[quote name='Boomin_tahoe']Jeff, Jeff, Jeff....How many times have we been over this? The X series subs from Sundown have one thing in mind: To play very low notes. And that's it. They aren't made to play 50, 60 70 Hz and up like some people don't like. Get a diff brand sub if you wanna hit 60Hz notes.

OP, I'd suggest the SSA. @denim will thank you for it. Just beware tho you might wait a long time for your subs.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for stating the obvious. Idk any normal people listening to normal music not liking 50 to 80hz on a sub. Everything besides decaf and rap has their bass lines in those regions. Youd be surprised how many average people say they dont like the way sundown Xs sound. When they asked for any other music than bass enhanced music. Id say about 1 in10 people ive demo'd to outside of bass comps likes lows while the rest like normal bass. Even though my lows are way more violentl and i have demoed to countless people.. People seeking lows are not the norm in society and decaf is not the only genre of music ever

That being said, the xcon can get just as low and louder along with hitting every midbass note as well and its cheaper than the X. Hell with the price you pay for the X, you can get a zcon and totally manhandle the lows.. No reason to even touch the X IMO with much better choices for the money out there.

Ive owned a zcon 12 in a trunk on a cheapo hifonics 2400 and when faced off against two sundown X 10 v1s on an saz 3.5k and i was louder and a lot lower with much better bandwidth. The xs were in a 3.5 cubic feet box tuned to 32. My 12 was in a 3 cube box tuned to 33hz. His voltage was the same as mine, his alt was bigger, he had more quality and newer xs power batts while i had used kinetics and he had more amp hours reserve.

Sundown is either for the overpriced novelty or the nuthug nowadays unless we looking at the nightshade or team series or anything from their yardsale.

Thanks for stating the obvious. Idk any normal people listening to normal music not liking 50 to 80hz on a sub. Everything besides decaf and rap has their bass lines in those regions. Youd be surprised how many average people say they dont like the way sundown Xs sound. When they asked for any other music than bass enhanced music. Id say about 1 in10 people ive demo'd to outside of bass comps likes lows while the rest like normal bass. Even though my lows are way more violentl and i have demoed to countless people.. People seeking lows are not the norm in society and decaf is not the only genre of music ever
That being said, the xcon can get just as low and louder along with hitting every midbass note as well and its cheaper than the X. Hell with the price you pay for the X, you can get a zcon and totally manhandle the lows.. No reason to even touch the X IMO with much better choices for the money out there.

Ive owned a zcon 12 in a trunk on a cheapo hifonics 2400 and when faced off against two sundown X 10 v1s on an saz 3.5k and i was louder and a lot lower with much better bandwidth. The xs were in a 3.5 cubic feet box tuned to 32. My 12 was in a 3 cube box tuned to 33hz. His voltage was the same as mine, his alt was bigger, he had more quality and newer xs power batts while i had used kinetics and he had more amp hours reserve.

Sundown is either for the overpriced novelty or the nuthug nowadays unless we looking at the nightshade or team series or anything from their yardsale.

The x v1 was a baby woofer. The Icon is much more comparable to it given the specs then a xcon imo. The Xv2 is more along the lines of an xcon in price to performance. And we been over this tons of times. Sundowns will play every single note any other subwoofer will play. They just have a roll off up top. I have owned a few sundown woofers from SA series to the nightshades and we all know my buddy has the teams so I've got first had experience. On almost every sundown woofer. I've owned 1 icon 12" and two xcon 12s... They arnt not bad woofers but IMO not even close to same league as sundown... You either like distortion in your subwoofer or you don't... Personally I want a true sound with no distortion like my nsv3.

Lol. Our ears have a hard time hearing 5% THD in sub bass. It's all marketing bull ****. I guess there isn't any distortion when the surrounds fold under high excurrsion.

We been over this. Any woofer pushed far enough will make the surround dimple... Even your ugly bumpy herpie DD surround dimples at high excursion. I've posted videos of it before of it, I just don't feel like searching and finding it.

The x v1 was a baby woofer. The Icon is much more comparable to it given the specs then a xcon imo. The Xv2 is more along the lines of an xcon in price to performance. And we been over this tons of times. Sundowns will play every single note any other subwoofer will play. They just have a roll off up top. I have owned a few sundown woofers from SA series to the nightshades and we all know my buddy has the teams so I've got first had experience. On almost every sundown woofer. I've owned 1 icon 12" and two xcon 12s... They arnt not bad woofers but IMO not even close to same league as sundown... You either like distortion in your subwoofer or you don't... Personally I want a true sound with no distortion like my nsv3.
I dont care about it can play every single note, i care about how horrible their top end roll off is. Things arent gonna change, you havent heard good 50-80hz loud and undistorted before and you probably never will.

I dont care about it can play every single note, i care about how horrible their top end roll off is. Things arent gonna change, you havent heard good 50-80hz loud and undistorted before and you probably never will.

Says the guy running sound qube lmao //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

My buddy has a ct 7k and was running hdc4 12s. Just swapped to zv4s and they murder the hdc4s in same box. 4.5cubes tuned to 35hz.... His new box will be 6cubes tuned to 25hz

Says the guy running sound qube lmao //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gifMy buddy has a ct 7k and was running hdc4 12s. Just swapped to zv4s and they murder the hdc4s in same box. 4.5cubes tuned to 35hz.... His new box will be 6cubes tuned to 25hz
I got my HT setup with a sub that can play up to 120hz clean. In the van its 20 to 70 so yeah its lacking top end as well in comparison.

Only running soundqubed because its the cheapest option available and its available locally. Not gonna drop needless cash on sundown nor will i ever buy those g*y looking surrounds.

I got my HT setup with a sub that can play up to 120hz clean. In the van its 20 to 70 so yeah its lacking top end as well in comparison.
Only running soundqubed because its the cheapest option available and its available locally. Not gonna drop needless cash on sundown nor will i ever buy those g*y looking surrounds.

Lol my buddy was the same way. Fvck sundown and there big surrounds. Had sound qube stick figure guy on his car fvcking a sundown stick figure guy.... Then he got a deal for two zv4 12s for $400... He bought them and tested them out... Needless to say all the sound qube stickers came off his car and now he's sundown this and sundown that... We make fun of him all the time because of all the shlt he talked and now running sundown. Lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.