Sundown SIA-1750d - any good?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Baconbitz121

CarAudio.com Newbie
So I just pulled the trigger on a sundown SIA-1750, which will be a replacement for my Skar RP-2000 that recently kicked the bucket. I was overwhelmed with all the options available, but I didn't want to spend an arm and a leg. After all the crap I've heard about Skar, I'm pretty confident I'll be more than satisfied with the sundown - the bar is pretty damn low :LOL:.

Does anyone have experience with the SIA-1750 or anything from sundown's SIA line? From what I read it's an updated version of the SFB line, which has low voltage protection that protects it from the shortcomings of being a full-bridge amp. I came across the kicker CX1200 for around the same price of the sundown. I had a 600w kicker amp on my old setup that I really liked, so that's why I was eyeballing the kicker CX1200. My plan for the sundown is to use it at 4ohms which it's rated for 1250w VS. the kicker that's 1200 @1ohm. I'll most likely keep the sundown.

Last edited:
I'm just curious what y'all think about the sundown and comparing it to the kicker. I also have no clue about the hierarchy of different brands. Put my mind at ease please!!!! lol
A nephew has that amp on a pair of SA10 classics. The truck is a diesel with a beefy OEM alternator and a small AGM secondary battery. It has been about a month since installed and seems to be holding up well. It is definitely powerful.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...