sundown sd 12s or aq sdc2.5 12s?

really it depends the sd2s do better sealed than the aq but the aq is a bit more efficient in ported alignment. aq is known for like higher port tunings as well where as the sd2 has no real port tuning preference

why does he need to look at the sa his title indicates multi-sub configurations id rather have rated power on my subs than under power them.
He suggested the SA line as it matches up better against the SDC line.

Also, the idea that all AQ subs "like higher tuning" is in no way true or even close to it. It is not even true for the HDC3/4 unless your going for numbers and then it is true for every sub on the market.

As for the last comment about power. That will depend on the person and their setup. However, under powering a driver will never harm it.

He suggested the SA line as it matches up better against the SDC line.
Also, the idea that all AQ subs "like higher tuning" is in no way true or even close to it. It is not even true for the HDC3/4 unless your going for numbers and then it is true for every sub on the market.

when compared to a fi ssd? not saying they dont perform well at low tunings but when tuned a few hz higher than the normal they tend to get alot louder. take a sd2.5 ten and tune it to 36hz then bump up to 38hz the difference is just stupid

As for the last comment about power. That will depend on the person and their setup. However, under powering a driver will never harm it.
i fully agree that underpowering subs doesnt hurt them but in order to get the same output as rated with less than rated the box size needs to be increased

I have played with all AQ subs in just about any enclosure setup you can dream of. The SDC 2.0 and 2.5 do not get a "bump" in output other then the standardized bump every sub gets when tuned higher. The HDC3 used to, however, the new model is not as severe and the HDC4 has a very minimal gain.

Perhaps what you have read about and/or tested was do to cabin gains which will happen to any sub. I fail to see where anyone has ever shown me proof of this idea that AQ or others "like to be tuned higher". Like I said I have done tons of testing(most while I worked there) and I never once found it to actually be true other then for SPL tuning.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.