Sundown SA series

MattinMO

Senior VIP Member
Dec 31, 2017
St.louis, MO
Nice, I built a similar style box for 1 12" sa-v2 and I bought some blue keda dye I'm gonna stain it with

Reactions: SlugButter

SlugButter

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
Nov 5, 2019
arizona
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Stained the box and it came out…OK. This is what happens when you use budget pine that isn’t cabinet grade wood. Had to fill a lot of gaps on the kerf with glue and saw dust because cheap wood has hollow spots in the center. Glue doesn’t stain well and is visible.
BB15F595-6C72-49BD-9C90-A3BE0E1826D7.jpeg
846B2CE4-ECAD-4368-97B9-4DBB06BECB5A.jpeg

Buck

[email protected]
Pro Seller
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
May 19, 2008
Orlando Area, FL
That stack fab kerf-like port is too cool and is gonna pressurize too well for imperfections to matter, IMO. That curve looks so smooth, I like it. I can't imagine how long that might have taken, haha.

SlugButter

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
Nov 5, 2019
arizona
That stack fab kerf-like port is too cool and is gonna pressurize too well for imperfections to matter, IMO. That curve looks so smooth, I like it. I can't imagine how long that might have taken, haha.
It took 2 hours to make the stack. Once the first couple are made it goes pretty quick.

Reactions: Buck

SlugButter

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
Nov 5, 2019
arizona
Make sure it has good software.
I’m not really looking for a machine that can cut the whole box. I don’t mind the table saw to cut the panels, and I’m pretty accurate with it. The circle cutter for my plunge router works fine. I would just do the harder stuff with the cnc

Reactions: Buck

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Most posts - Past 30 days