!!! Sundown SA-8 v.2 PRE-ORDER !!!

sundownz
Pro Seller

Supporting Vendor
North Carolina
These should finish February 20th or so due to Holiday closing of the factory for two weeks in January (Chinese New Year) -- that that puts them around March 20th or so for arrival here at our facility. To be safe expect the end of March.

SA-8 v.2 Regular Price - $185

PRE-ORDER PRICE - $135 @ 1 - 3 pcs
PRE-ORDER PRICE - $125 @ 4+ pcs
Shipped in Continental 48 states

EMAIL For Alaska or Hawaii.

THIS IS USA ONLY

You can either Paypal me directly at sundownz@Sundownaudio.com for the pre-order -- SPECIFY D2 or D4 coils -- or you can order from your favorite local or online dealer.

As with any pre-order DO NOT place an order unless you are SURE about waiting -- there will be NO refunds for lack of advanced financial planning or unexpected delays. ETAs are a best guess and not guaranteed on a pre-order.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

6.JPG

KLIPPEL TEST :

SA_8_V2_FirstProto.jpg

SA-8 v.2 Prototype Completed - SSA Car Audio Forum - Page 5

MORE INFORMATION :

Sundown SA-8 v.2 Prototype Thermal Testing - SSA Car Audio Forum -- Thermal Testing

SA-8 v.2 Prototype Completed - SSA Car Audio Forum -- Some initial Testing

Got my PSI Passive Radiator -- What For ? - SSA Car Audio Forum -- My install with PSI passive radiator

Some more specs :

Mounting Depth : 6 5/8"
Cut-Out Diameter : 186.5mm (7.33") -- 7 3/8" should be snug.
Weight : 22.5 lbs
RMS Power : 500 RMS

In the design process I didn't feel that a larger diameter coil would offer the level of suspension performance I wanted. With that being said... the thermal performance of this driver is on-par with and in excess of many 2.5" coil drivers on the market today.

SA-8_v2_Thermal.jpg

The way that "daily" power handling is often described on the forums... you will find many users running much more than what we say on them "daily" without any issues at all. I run two channels of an SAX-200.4 bridged at 2 ohms on mine in my car -- the limit is purely mechanical... we've clamped over 1kw from a 200.4 in this configuration.

This 60Hz test is extremely brutal and the thermal stress is FAR in excess of what pretty much any music delivers.

Will production models have a logo on the dustcap? Whats a good range for enclosure volume and tuning on these for a daily system? Just pulled the trigger on three of them and I want to have my enclosure designed and built before they show up if at all possible.

Will production models have a logo on the dustcap? Whats a good range for enclosure volume and tuning on these for a daily system? Just pulled the trigger on three of them and I want to have my enclosure designed and built before they show up if at all possible.
Yes production has the logo.

0.5 to 0.75 per woofer is good for daily -- tuned to 30-35 Hz -- the v.2 models excel compared to the v.1 at 35 Hz and under.

Production is wrapping up -- here is a completed production unit :

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

ETA is looking like end of March to first of April -- a hair off original ETA but not too bad assuming customs goes smoothly.

!!! PRE ORDERING IS CLOSED !!!

Too many have been sold and we have to cut it off to make sure we have enough for everyone who already paid.

If there are any remaining regular ordering will re-open a week or two after arrival.

ETA is around the first week of April or so -- slightly behind schedule.

so there made in china, i thought peeps said sundown stuff was built in the US? Ive been tempting to try a few out, maybe ill wait and hopefully be able to hear one. No dealer close to me i dont think tho.

so there made in china, i thought peeps said sundown stuff was built in the US? Ive been tempting to try a few out, maybe ill wait and hopefully be able to hear one. No dealer close to me i dont think tho.
Not sure why this is such a common misconception as it's not hidden at all. The E, SD-2, and SA lines are assembled in China woofers. The SAX / SAZ amps are made in South Korea.

Z and Nightshade series woofers and all re-cone kits we assemble here at our shop in North Carolina.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

sundownz

Pro Seller
Supporting Vendor
sundownz
North Carolina
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date