Sundown SA-12 advice PLEASE!

the current situation for my cousin is Sundown audio SA 12 V2. We need more juice, the v2 rises high

Subs don't cause rise boxes cause rise it's actually a trade off of having good efficiency. Thus why so many competitors wire into the dirt. They take the efficiency of the rise and use lower impedances to rise to a lower ohm load to get more power. A box that has little rise at your peak frequency isn't very efficient.

Amps like the Rockford power bdcp, Taramps smart series, JL slash and hd line, sundown Sia all do better to fight rise because they make the same power at various ohm loads so if you are wired to 1 and rise to 2 they output the same power or near the same power.

Subs don't cause rise boxes cause rise it's actually a trade off of having good efficiency. Thus why so many competitors wire into the dirt. They take the efficiency of the rise and use lower impedances to rise to a lower ohm load to get more power. A box that has little rise at your peak frequency isn't very efficient.

Amps like the Rockford power bdcp, Taramps smart series, JL slash and hd line, sundown Sia all do better to fight rise because they make the same power at various ohm loads so if you are wired to 1 and rise to 2 they output the same power or near the same power.
I just received a sundown SIA 3500 in trade for a box build. I’m really surprised how small it is compared to its output power. I metered my setup a couple months ago and I was only clamping 500 watts at full tilt. Hoping the sundown SIA helps with impedance rise and gives me a little more juice.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...