sundown problem ( i think)

pioneerpimp
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
IL
got a quick question. i was listening to hypnotize today at less than half the volume i usually listen to it at sealing up some air holes around the wall and i noticed it got noticeably more quiet. i went to the back and one amp has the blue LED and the other amp has nothing. so i turned on tuner as to not blast anything and both go into protect and then only one fires up, the protect light doesnt even stay on. it just shows nothing. and its the top one in the amp rack and it was barely hot, barely even warm to the touch. what are your thoughts on this? ill check it in a bit, but i dont think its going to turn back on.

anyone got any ideas on this?

voltage was at 13.7 the whole time. i have 8 kinetik 2400s and a hawker PC2250 upfront with 300A alt and van was running.

first thing i would check is fuses then the remote wire. But you probably already did that. Which amps are these. Must be

3000ds for that many batteries.

no he said remote. It should be like 5v or higher

I know he said Remote. Most Hu's fire the remote at bettween 11 or higher. but normally no more then normal. Correct me if im wrong?

Also i dont think the 3000D's will power up if the remote lead is showing lower then 10 volts.?

remote wire is seeing 1.8V and the power wire to batt is seeing 13.9 and the power wire into the amp is seeing 2.8....what does that mean then?

just to amke sure im not dumb, i put the DMM to 20 on DC and put red on pos power and black on grnd wire at the amp and the DMM read 2.8 for the power wire

left the ground of the DMM on the terminal screw on the ground of the amp and put the pos on the remote wire screw and it read 1.8

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.