Sundown E-12 box help

Participant count
  • Participant list

EC11

I got a sundown e-12 and i need help on what box to buy. I'm going to give it around 500 rms and i have a Altima. I wanted to go sealed because i want to keep it small, but i know ported will sound better/louder. How small could a ported box be, with the sub still sounding good. Or would it be possible for a sealed box to sound good.

What Buck said. Plus, Sundown recommends as small as 1.5ft for a ported box, which is only a little over half a cubic foot larger with displacement than the 1 cube sealed recommendation. So in the end, not much larger physically but a lot larger audibly.

ok thanks for the help. i mainly listen to hip-hop. So a 1.5 ft ported box being the best, could i get a pre-fab or should i get a custom made one.

ok thanks for the help. i mainly listen to hip-hop. So a 1.5 ft ported box being the best, could i get a pre-fab or should i get a custom made one.
You should get a custom one. I would like to see something like 2 cubes ported with a 4" aero, that'll sound great.

To be clear, I didn't say a cube and a half was best, I said it was barely larger than the sealed recommendation. Like Buck said, 2 cubes would be better (probably best for that sub) and an aero port is worth the cost.

Let him build you a box. From what I've seen, he has the knowledge to design and build a quality enclosure for you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.