Sundown Audio vs. Digital Designs

I am thinking the Sundown sub because i can save room in my trunk with the fiberglass enclosure that will it will be molded into to contour the trunk.

yea u r right. My last car was all Image Dynamics and before that it was all Jl Audio and then there was the Boston Acustic set up but that set up was way to loud and shrilly,lol.

well i have been told to build the dd in a ported enclosure. 1.25cf by 4" with a 23" inner slit. i am not sure about what the dimensions should be for the Sundown sub.

well i have been told to build the dd in a ported enclosure. 1.25cf by 4" with a 23" inner slit. i am not sure about what the dimensions should be for the Sundown sub.
2 great choices personally I'd try dd never had anything below the 25 series so make a nice review either sub I'm sure you will love tho both great compaines with awesome product good luck man

DD 1510 with the supercharged option would be a good choice.

2 dd1510s did low 140s on music even down to the mid 20s on a memphis 1100 in a dodge ram std cab. bigbud747 is the member on here, there is a build log with all the details, I'm too lazy to look it up. His werent even supercharged either, the s/c option adds a neo slug in the motor and shorting ring to decrease distortion.

I've been running a sundown e12d4 for almost a year on around 420 watts from a kicker zx700.5 and its a great match. I run sealed enclosure. For the money, I don't think you'll find a more suited and better sub, hands down!

I am not familiar with this "supercharged" option. could you please explain what it is and how it works. I know i am asking alot but it interests me.
It adds a neo magnet slug in the motor and adds a copper shorting ring to the pole piece, both translate to a stronger motor with less distortion, so it will play louder and cleaner on low power.

My past subs were alpine type s, pheonix gold rsd,diamond audio d6, I replaced the d6 with an sa12 and the type s after a lot of years of great service and sound broke, so I got the e12 from sundown. $110.00 for this sub is a incredible value. You'll be happy.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.