Sundown Audio vs. Digital Designs

bigbrother54
10+ year member

Hi Everyone. I am looking at adding a 10" subwoofer to my stereo system in my 2012 Mitsubishi Lancer. I am running the JL Audio XD700.5 and the Hertz HSK165XL comps in the front and the Hertz ECX165's in the rear doors. I am now believing that a nice sub is needed to bring out the speakers. I am drawn between the "Sundown Audio SA-10 or the SD-2 10 series subs or the Digital designs DD1010 sub. I have heard great thing about both companies and subs but still would like to have some good feedback from you pros out there that are familiar with the products. Thank you very much for all of your help here and "Merry Christmas".

never ran a DD, but i currently have sa12's and i would promote them all day
Ill second that if had both but for the price I mean.. One Sa 12" flexes my windshield a Lil and my rear bumper bad .. On the lows u can see the outside door panels wave a Lil too there beasts

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

I've had**

If ur gunna compare dd a more fair comparison would be the 2510 and the sa10 the Sa 10 deff louder then any lower series dd...
I was told about the 2510 series but I am uncertain about the power handling because of the amp. I am not wanting to invest anymore into another amp at this time. I have heard alot of great things about the Sundown audio subs.

I was told about the 2510 series but I am uncertain about the power handling because of the amp. I am not wanting to invest anymore into another amp at this time. I have heard alot of great things about the Sundown audio subs.
Ya there beasts man running one personally but if u throw 1000 rms at it they really come to life ... Amps can be found cheap new too like a mbquart 1500.1 1500 rms I believe is 150 or a Brz 1200 can be had for around 100 that extra power will make a diff

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

But how much power do u have now to give a sub?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.