Sundown Audio SA-8 D4

Participant count
  • Participant list

Polariford

I bought titled sub at Amazon. It is the V1 400 watt RMS as far as I know. I have it presently in a Life After Bass "Slapbox" specific to the sub. I have a class D Fosgate P300-1 with a birthsheet of 426 RMS @ 2 ohm to this sub. A pretty good match and it sounds amazing. I just purchased a Fosgate R500X1D also a D amp rated at 500 RMS at same load for a different vehicle for a pair of 8W3v3-4 subs in their own version of a LAB "Slapbox" . This amp will probably will be more like 640ish on birthsheet so probably a bit much for JL's but I couldn't pass up $150 shipped with a 2 year extended warranty. Would I benefit by using the stronger amp with an extra 200 watts instead on the Sundown sub or is it too much? I have heard they can and like a little more than they are rated for. I feel better putting the P300-1 on the JL's wired to 2 ohm anyway. I gain my amps with a DMM and an oscilloscope so I try to be as clean as possible. Penny for your thoughts and or experience pushing SA-8's

sundown subs can handle a lot more than they're rated. and it's not like they're getting the 600 watts constant. you'll be fine as long as you don't push it too much on the gain.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.