Sundown Audio Nightshade 18'' -- AQ2200 >> Truck Build

thanks guys. I have a feeling my lpf, subsonic, and maybe gain are off. The gain control on the amp is kind of broken and it spins in place, so I dont really know where it is actually set at. It might be able to go higher... Some songs are much louder to the ear and move some air, while the low notes aren't as loud to the ear but move lots of air.

also, I dont think a lack of space of the truck for the sub is a problem because I've had a single 12 and single 15 in the truck and they both liked having a door or window open a lot better.

^^ higher freq. song. looked like it was moving windshield pretty good if you caught a glimpse

thanks guys. I have a feeling my lpf, subsonic, and maybe gain are off. The gain control on the amp is kind of broken and it spins in place, so I dont really know where it is actually set at. It might be able to go higher... Some songs are much louder to the ear and move some air, while the low notes aren't as loud to the ear but move lots of air.
also, I dont think a lack of space of the truck for the sub is a problem because I've had a single 12 and single 15 in the truck and they both liked having a door or window open a lot better.
Its just your truck, most pickups don't like sealed up.

yeah for sure. But I think my electrical needs to be beefed up majorly. I cant have my gain or bass knob up very high to where i want it without having the clipping light come on. I dont even like to see a flicker of the clipping light coming on so I keep it down. It gets HELLA loud when I have it up high but the knob indicates im clipping the hell out of it...so i keep it down.

Gotta finish big 3, another battery would help the most, and more runs of pos/neg and then I can crank it to its potential w/o clipping

My gain control on the amp is kinda broken...it kind of spins in place and does a full 360° I have it set on about the highest it will go but its not actually the highest because its messed up I beleive. Last night I had my cargo light on in the cab and it dims like hell on bass hits. My voltage gets high enough, just drops ez .

Yup huge difference. Im thinking both doors opened a little bit is the loudest..but an "artic blast" just hit texas so cant really go out and mess with anything :/

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.